Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum)
There are more than 600 beers brewed in Belgium, from fruit and white beers to Trappist ales brewed by monks, strongdubbels and yeasty lambics. The Flanders region has been known for its specialty beers since the Middle Ages and the Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum), sandwiched between the Markt and Burg in medieval Bruges, provides a high-tech overview of the development of the Flemish brewing industry. The museum opened in 2014 and its tours are cleverly guided by iPad, educating visitors on the many different varieties of Belgian beer, their fermentation and brewing methods. All ingredients can be tasted along the way and interactive touch screens offer beer challenges, explain provenances and suggest food pairings; for kids there is a special tour that involves finding and rescuing an 850-year-old bear.
All tours of the museum end up in the tasting room, for panoramic views over the medieval architecture of Markt as well as the chance to taste three of 16 draught beers accompanied by cheeses to mop up the alcohol. Soft drinks are available for all visitors younger than 16.
Browse. Filter. Book
What are Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum) hours of operation?
Should I book Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum) tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum) 2020?
What's the best way to experience Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum)?
- Bruges Beer Experience Entrance Ticket
- Private: Discover Bruges beers & brewery with chocolate pairing by a young local
- Beery Bruges - tasting tour
- Private History Tour of Bruges - Customize Your Authentic Experience
Things to do near Bruges
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Antwerp
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South Holland