Choco-Story, the Chocolate Museum Tours and Activities
A visit to the museum of chocolate, Choco-Story, is best reserved for only the most serious of cocoa bean aficionados. The museum’s exhibits run through centuries of the history of chocolate, from the Mayans to the present, and cover every step of the chocolate-making process, from the field to the grocery store shelf, in such painstaking detail that you might find yourself skipping the history lesson and heading straight for the museum shop to stock up on sweets.
If you stick with the tour, however, you will find that weighty historical detail is livened up with displays of antique chocolate-related equipment; a fun cartoon character that explains the virtues and purported health benefits of chocolate, and demonstrations of chocolatiers at work. Best of all, visitors get a sample of the freshly made pralines at the end.
The museum is located in Bruges’ city center, not far from The Burg and the market square, and tours are offered every day. If you have some extra time, you can join a chocolate-making workshop at the museum and learn how to make your very own pralines and truffles.
Tours and Activities to Experience Choco-Story, the Chocolate Museum
Frequently Asked Questions
- Choco-Story: The Chocolate Museum in Bruges
- Chocolate Workshop at Choco-Story Brugge
- Evening Tour: The Dark Side of Bruges
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Reims
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South Holland