Popular with kids and adults alike, Train World boasts a large collection of beautifully preserved old train cars and engines, many of which guests can climb aboard. Additional highlights include a train simulator and a replica rail parcel service, a nod to the days when much of Belgium's mail went by train. Visitors can present their ADAM and Atomium ticket stubs for discounted admission or prebook tickets to avoid standing in ticket lines. Train World admission is also included with the Brussels Card.
Things to Know Before You Go
Train World is a must for rail enthusiasts and a hit with families with kids.
Audio guides are available for a small fee.
Train World is fully wheelchair-accessible and has wheelchairs available to borrow.
How to Get There
Train World is located inside Schaerbeek Station, with direct service to Antwerp, Leuven, and Bruxelles-Nord. Lines 7 and 92 of the tram also stop nearby, as do bus lines 58 and 59. The parking lot next to the station offers half-off parking for Train World visitors and free parking on Sunday.
When to Get There
Train World is open from Tuesday through Sunday throughout the year, except on Christmas and New Year's Day. It’s open midmorning until late afternoon, but last admission is midafternoon, so it's a good idea to give yourself plenty of time to avoid disappointment. Most visitors spend one to two hours touring the exhibits.
Brussels for Families
Brussels offers a ton of attractions for families, from its interactive Children's Museum to the Natural Sciences Museum, with the largest dinosaur gallery in Europe. Other city highlights include Mini-Europe, a scaled-down collection of popular European monuments located right by the Atomium, and Walibi Belgium, a popular theme park situated a half-hour train ride outside the city.
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Autrique House (Maison Autrique)
- Museums of the Far East
- Belgian Comic Strip Center
- ADAM Brussels Design Museum
- Cinquantenaire District
- St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral
- Royal Galleries of Saint Hubert (Les Galeries St-Hubert)
- Brussels Beer Project
- MOOF Museum
- Brussels City Museum (Musée de la Ville de Bruxelles)
- Grand-Place (Grote Markt)
- Hard Rock Cafe Brussels
- Brussels Town Hall (Hotel de Ville)