Hoi An Central Market (Cho Hoi An)
Travelers can visit Hoi An Central Market as part of a food tour, many of which include a Vietnamese cooking class and a bike ride to Tra Que Vegetable Village. Exploring the market with a guide means that you’ll be able to overcome the language barrier and learn about local produce that you may not have encountered before. The market is also featured on some early morning Hoi An tours, which offer the chance to see the Ancient Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, without the crowds.
Things to Know Before You Go
Visiting Hoi An Central Market is a great way to immerse yourself in Vietnamese culture.
The market is a must-visit for travelers shopping for unique souvenirs.
Be mindful of your belongings in this crowded space.
Take plenty of water as the market can often feel hot and crowded.
How to Get There
Hoi An Central Market is located at 73 Phan Boi, on the banks of the Thu Bon River. From anywhere in Hoi An Ancient Town, the market is an easy walk or cycle, or you can skip the stress of navigating by opting for a guided tour.
When to Get There
Hoi An Central Market stays open all day, from early morning until mid- to late afternoon. The best time to visit is just after sunrise, when you can see freshly caught fish being hauled onto the dock, the crowds haven’t yet arrived, and temperatures are cooler.
Haggling and Bargain Hunting at Hoi An Central Market
For the best buys, head deep into the market, as the most expensive prices are at the stalls near the entrance. Prices for meals are fixed and very reasonable, so there’s no need to worry about getting a bad deal. For items other than food—especially tailoring—it’s acceptable and even expected that you’ll haggle for the best deal.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Quan Cong Temple
- Phuc Kien Assembly Hall (Fujian Assembly Hall)
- Hainan Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Hai Nam)
- Hoi An Handicraft Workshop
- Museum of Trade Ceramics
- Tan Ky Old House
- Hoi An Museum (Bao Tang Hoi An)
- Museum of Sa Huynh Culture
- Cantonese Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Quang Dong)
- Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau)
- Phung Hung Ancient House
- Hoi An Ancient Town
- Kim Bong (Carpentry Village)
- Hoi An Silk Village (Lang Lua Hoi An)
- Tra Que Vegetable Village