With two days in Hoi An, you can discover Hoi An Ancient Town and explore some beyond city limits. Plan carefully and you can venture into the countryside, take a cooking class, and delve deeper in Vietnamese culture. Here’s how to enjoy two days in Hoi An.
Phung Hung Ancient House
4 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Hoi An , Vietman
Phung Hung AncientHouse is a must-visit for history buffs exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hoi An for the first time. The majority of Hoi An walking tours stroll past the house, but if you want more in-depth insight into the structure, then opt for a private, custom tour that allows you to create your own sightseeing itinerary, receive undivided attention from a guide, and have ample time to ask questions.
Things to Know Before You Go
Phung HungAncient House is an important part of the architectural heritage of Hoi An.
Look out for the watermarks that evidence the floods Hoi An is prone to.
It’s recommended to explore the house with a guide for important context.
When to Get There
Phung HungAncient House opens daily from 8am to 7pm. Although you’ll rarely feel overcrowded inside the house, Hoi An Ancient Town is prone to large crowds throughout the day. Head to the Phung Hung House in the early morning and spend a couple of hours exploring the Old Town afterwards.
How to Get There
Phung HungAncient House is located at 4 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, adjacent to the Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau) and next door to the Hoi An Bookshop. Hoi An Ancient Town is a pedestrianized area, so you’ll only be able to reach the house on foot or by bike.
The Highlights of Hoi An Ancient Town
After paying a visit to Phung HungAncient House, tick off some of the 2,000-year-old Hoi An Ancient Town’s top attractions. Highlights include the Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau), Phu Kien Assembly Hall (Fujian Assembly Hall), and the Thu Bon River, which you can cruise upon at sunset on a traditional wooden rowboat.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Japanese Covered Bridge (Chua Cau)
- Cantonese Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Quang Dong)
- Museum of Sa Huynh Culture
- Tan Ky Old House
- Museum of Trade Ceramics
- Hoi An Handicraft Workshop
- Hoi An Museum (Bao Tang Hoi An)
- Phuc Kien Assembly Hall (Fujian Assembly Hall)
- Hoi An Central Market (Cho Hoi An)
- Quan Cong Temple
- Hainan Assembly Hall (Hoi Quan Hai Nam)
- Hoi An Silk Village (Lang Lua Hoi An)
- Hoi An Ancient Town
- Kim Bong (Carpentry Village)
- Tra Nhieu Fishing Village