Klias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands) Tours and Activities
The Klias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands) is known for containing lush mangrove forests full of unique wildlife. There are dozens of tropical bird species, as well as monitor lizards, Proboscis monkeys, long tail macaques and silver Languor monkeys, all endemic to Borneo. A visit to the wetlands is particularly interesting at dusk, when the tree-dwelling monkeys become active for feeding.
After sunset, it's possible to see fireflies dotting the sky with their light. Water buffalo, tree snakes, and eagles are a few of the other possible wildlife sightings, though the bizarre behavior and appearance of the proboscis monkey is what most come to see. There may also be crocodiles lurking along the river!
It’s a chance to be immersed in nature and see many of the unique species of Sabah in their natural environment. Leisurely boat cruises on the river are the best way to see the area.
Tours and Activities to Experience Klias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands)
Questions & Answers
- Klias Wildlife Safari River Cruise from Kota Kinabalu
- Klias River Safari from Kota Kinabalu
- Pulau Tiga Survivor Island and Klias River Cruise Tour
- Papar White Water Rafting and Klias Wildlife Safari River Cruise
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in Sandakan
- Things to do in Puerto Princesa
- Things to do in El Nido
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Coron
- Things to do in Boracay
- Things to do in Panay Island
- Things to do in Cebu
- Things to do in Palawan
- Things to do in Visayas
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Central Vietnam