Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
The majority of tours combine a visit to Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park with a stop at Kuala Lumpur Bird Park and Orchid Garden, both of which are within a few minutes’ walk of the reserve in the city’s Lake Gardens. Ideal for nature lovers, these tours transport you to a natural haven right in the center of Malaysia’s metropolitan capital. Visits to the butterfly park generally last around 45 minutes to an hour, giving you plenty of time to tick off other attractions in the same day. The butterfly reserve is also home to an insect museum, which exhibits Malaysia’s giant spider and centipede species.
Things to Know Before You Go
Butterflies are most active during sunshine and tend to hide in the rain.
The park is a must-do for nature lovers and families.
Combine your visit to the butterfly park with a stop at the nearby National Mosque.
How to Get There
Take a local bus or taxi to Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park, or visit as part of a sightseeing tour in order to avoid the hassle of navigating an unfamiliar city on your own.
When to Get There
Due to the grand scale of the Lake Gardens, crowds are generally quite evenly dispersed throughout each park, making the butterfly garden accessible during any time of day.
Other Animals at Home in the Garden
Keep your eyes peeled for the butterfly park’s other inhabitants, which include Japanese koi carp—which you can feed with food purchased at the entrance counter—and freshwater turtles.
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur Railway Station
- Kuala Lumpur City Gallery
- Merdeka Square (Dataran Merdeka)
- National Mosque of Malaysia (Masjid Negara)
- Perdana Botanical Garden (Lake Gardens)
- Jamek Mosque (Masjid Jamek)
- Kuala Lumpur National Monument (Tugu Negara)
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building (Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad)
- Central Market (Pasar Seni)
- Illusion 3D Art Museum
- Port Klang (Kuala Lumpur Cruise Port)
- Sri Mahamariamman Temple
- Kuala Lumpur Chinatown
- Petaling Street Market