Things to Do in Lake District - page 2
Furness Abbey is a former monastery dating back to 1123 and is today one of the finest Medieval ruins in Britain. Throughout the Middle Ages, it was a stronghold of the wealthy, influential Cistercian order and today the ruins offer a fascinating insight into the past.
In the heart of Carlisle town, Carlisle Castle is a Norman-built castle that played an important role in the history of both England and Scotland. Used as a defensive stronghold and a prison, a visit here will take you a thousand years into the past.
For an immersive day out certain to delight the whole family, head to South Lakes Safari Zoo. Tour the park on foot to catch a glimpse of rhinos, jaguars, and other animals; hand-feed giraffes, penguins, or tigers; or learn more at one of the many educational talks.
- Things to do in Keswick
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in South East Ireland
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West England