Lagenda Park (Taman Lagenda)
There is no charge to visit Lagenda Park. Travelers tend to arrive here independently, rather than as part of a tour, perhaps combining a visit with the livelier charms of nearby Eagle Square and downtown Kuah. While a good local guide can help explain the significance of the different statues, most visitors prefer to experience the site simply by strolling around or settling in for a picnic. It’s a good spot for a run if you’re staying locally.
Things to Know Before You Go
Lagenda Park is a good option for families with kids looking for a break from the beach.
There are neither bathrooms nor food options in the park. Head to Eagle Square for both.
Lagenda Park is wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
Lagenda Park sits in the heart of Kuah, Langkawi’s main town and capital, next door to Eagle Square. As the island has no public transport, you’ll need to take a taxi, join a tour, or drive. If driving, park near Kuah Jetty as there’s no dedicated parking for Lagenda Park.
When to Get There
Lagenda Park is open from morning until early evening seven days a week and at its best during the rainy season (September and October) when the landscapes are lush and green. It’s never busy, so visit at a time that works with your schedule. Sunsets can be spectacular.
Legends of Langkawi
Lagenda Park is sometimes translated as Langkawi Legend Park, and Langkawi has a rich body of local legends to draw on. Probably the most famous legend is the story of Mahsuri, a young woman unjustly murdered for adultery, who cursed the island with seven generations of bad luck. Now that the curse has lifted, she’s a local heroine.
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Eagle Square (Dataran Lang)
- Pulau Payar Marine Park
- Tanjung Rhu
- Mahsuri's Tomb (Makam Mahsuri)
- Galeria Perdana
- Dayang Bunting Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting)
- Dayang Bunting Lake (Tasik Dayang Bunting)
- Atma Alam Batik Art Village
- Underwater World Langkawi
- Langkawi Craft Complex (Kompleks Kraf Langkawi)
- Rice Museum (Laman Padi Langkawi)
- Mt. Machinchang (Gunung Mat Chinchang)
- Singa Besar Island (Pulau Singa Besar)
- Langkawi Beras Basah Island (Pulau Beras Basah)
- Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (Langkawi Crocodile Farm)