St. Martin's Theatre Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
With a history dating back to 1916, St. Martin's Theatre is among the most legendary venues in London’s West End Theater District and one of the few remaining privately owned theaters in London. Housed in a magnificent Grade II-listed building, the theater is best known as the home of the West End’s long-running play The Mousetrap.
Performances of Agatha Christie’s classic mystery The Mousetrap are held daily (except Sunday) at St. Martin's Theatre, and the beautifully restored auditorium offers an impressive but intimate setting. Theatergoers can choose between seats in the Dress Circle, Upper Circle, or Stalls. Booking tickets in advance is highly recommended.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Mousetrap runs for about two hours and 20 minutes, including an interval.
- Drinks and snacks are available to purchase before the show and during intermission.
- The theater is wheelchair accessible; there are three steps to enter the theater, but if you inform the staff in advance, they will provide a ramp.
How to Get There
St. Martin's Theatre is located in London’s West End, between Covent Garden and Leicester Square. It’s an easy walk from many of the central attractions, and three tube stations are located nearby: Tottenham Court Road (Central and Northern Lines), Covent Garden (Piccadilly Line), and Leicester Square (Piccadilly and Northern Lines).
When to Get There
Performances of The Mousetrap are held Monday to Saturday evenings, with additional matinee performances on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
The Mousetrap at St. Martin’s Theatre
St. Martin’s Theatre holds the record for the longest continuously running show in the world: Agatha Christie’s murder mystery The Mousetrap. The hit show has exceeded 25,000 performances since its opening night in 1952, and David Raven holds the Guinness World Record for “Most Durable Actor” for his 4,575 performances as Major Metcalf. A total of 403 actors and actresses have appeared in the play during its 60-year run.
Address: West Street, London, England
0 Tours and Activities to Experience St. Martin's Theatre
No results found!
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Dover
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais