Dam Market (Cho Dam)
Dam Market (Cho Dam) is a common feature of Nha Trang sightseeing tours and shore excursions, which typically depart from Cau Da Port. Exploring the market with a guide allows you to overcome the language barrier and discover local delicacies you may otherwise miss. Tours usually combine a walk around the market with stops at the Stone Church (Nha Tho Nui), Long Son Pagoda (Chua Long Son), and the Po Nagar Cham Towers.
Things to know before you go
- Dam Market sells everything from electronics and exotic fruit to local specialties such as dried shrimp, making it the ideal place to shop for souvenirs.
- The majority of vendors do not accept credit cards so ensure you bring plenty of cash if you’re planning to splurge.
- Due to a lack of ramps and tight spaces between the stalls, Dam Market (Cho Dam) is a difficult place for wheelchair users to access.
How to get there
From Nha Trang Beach, Dam Market (Cho Dam) is a 10-minute drive via Tran Phu road or a 30-minute walk. Public buses sporadically service the market however to avoid the hassle of public transport, opt to visit on a tour.
When to get there
In order to see the market at its most exuberant, try to arrive in the early hours of the morning, when Nha Trang locals haggle for the freshest cuts of meat and fish. The market closes in the early evening.
Shopping at the Markets of Nha Trang
Nha Trang offers an ideal mix of local and souvenir markets that you could easily spend days exploring. For some of the city’s best street food, head to Xoi Moi Market, which specializes in local dishes and exotic fruits such as mangosteen and rambutan. Alternatively, stray from the beaten path at Vinh Hai Market, an ideal choice for budget-conscious travelers.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Hoi An
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Nha Trang Beach
- Long Son Pagoda (Chua Long Son)
- Stone Church (Nha Tho Nui)
- XQ Historical Village
- Thap Ba Hot Springs
- Hon Chong
- Po Nagar Cham Towers
- National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam
- Hon Mieu Island
- 100 Egg Theme Park (Khu Du Lich Tram Trung)
- Vinpearl Land Nha Trang
- Nha Phu Bay
- Hon Mun Island
- Hon Ba Nature Reserve (Khu Bao Ton Thien Nhien Hon Ba)