National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam
Displays at the National Oceanographic Museum are arranged across two floors. The ground floor is home to a range of aquarium tanks housing a variety of marine life, including reef sharks, turtles, anemones, pufferfish, lionfish, clownfish, seahorses, and a whole array of colorful coral. Upstairs, visitors will find preserved specimens, a collection of local boats and various fishing-related articles, and a 60-foot (18-meter) long humpback whale skeleton. Many half and full-day tours of Nha Trang include a stop at the museum, as well as the Long Son Pagoda, Po Nagar Cham Towers, and the Dam Market.
Things to know before you go
- Don’t forget your camera; photography is permitted inside the museum.
- Visit the museum with a local guide for a deeper insight into the history and significance of what you’re seeing.
- Informational displays within the museum are in both Vietnamese and English.
How to get there
The National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam is located in the port village of Bao Dai, approximately 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Nha Trang. The best way to reach it is by taxi or motorcycle.
When to get there
Its location a bit outside of town means the National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam rarely gets crowded. The air-conditioned facility makes an excellent escape from a downpour or particularly hot afternoon.
Must-Visit Temples in Vietnam
Long sandy beaches and a laidback vibe make Nha Trang a surprisingly family-friendly destination. Visitors traveling with kids in tow will find several attractions and activities to choose from. The hands-on Alexandre Yersin Museum appeals to curious kids with interactive exhibits near the city center, while the Vinpearl cable car takes families to Vinpearl Land, a theme park with rides, an arcade, and an aquarium. Head out of town to Yang Bay to walk the nature trails or spend some time in the colorful butterfly garden.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Hoi An
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Da Nang
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Hon Mieu Island
- XQ Historical Village
- Stone Church (Nha Tho Nui)
- Nha Trang Beach
- Dam Market (Cho Dam)
- Long Son Pagoda (Chua Long Son)
- Vinpearl Land Nha Trang
- 100 Egg Theme Park (Khu Du Lich Tram Trung)
- Hon Chong
- Thap Ba Hot Springs
- Po Nagar Cham Towers
- Hon Mun Island
- Nha Phu Bay
- Hon Ba Nature Reserve (Khu Bao Ton Thien Nhien Hon Ba)