Goathland Railway Station Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
It’s the second stop along the famous North Yorkshire Moors Railway, England’s most popular heritage railway, but to Harry Potter fans, Goathland railway station is better known as the fictional Hogsmeade station, where the young wizards and witches disembark the Hogwarts Express for the wizarding village of Hogsmeade and the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Sadly, there are no wizards to be seen at the real Goathland Station, although the traditional stone-brick station building and distinctive red footbridge are instantly recognizable from the Harry Potter films.
It’s not just Harry Potter that has made Goathland famous – the picturesque railway station has also been seen on-screen in British TV series like Heartbeat and All Creatures Great and Small, as well as a Simply Red music video.
Goathland Station is located in the North York Moors National Park, approximately 15 km from Whitby and is one of the stops along the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
Address: North York Moors National Park, Whitby, North Yorkshire, England
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Goathland Railway Station
No results found!
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in South West Ireland