Pattaya Dolphin World
At Pattaya Dolphin World, dolphins perform with their trainers in a reasonably spacious pool, and these optional shows are the main draw for most travelers. Almost all travelers visit from Pattaya, although you can also reach the site from Rayong. Pattaya Dolphin World tickets are priced relatively highly for Thailand, with significant discounts for children. Some ticket packages include add-ons such as an ATV trip and a horse-and-carriage ride in addition to hotel transfers.
Things to Know Before You Go
Pattaya Dolphin World will mainly be of interest to circus fans and families with young children.
Seating is not reserved, so arrive early for the best view.
Pattaya Dolphin World has accessible bathrooms and wheelchair ramps.
How to Get There
Pattaya Dolphin World is located about 11 miles (17 kilometers) south of Walking Street, off the main “baht bus” (covered-pickup-truck) routes. Most travelers will find it easier to book a package that includes door-to-door round-trip transfers than to drive in the area’s toxic traffic.
When to Get There
Pattaya Dolphin World is open from morning to early evening, seven days a week, with four daily shows. Seating is covered but open, with no air-conditioning, so it’s worth opting for the midmorning or late afternoon show to beat the midday heat.
Family-Friendly Attractions in Pattaya
Despite its (well-deserved) reputation for sex tourism, Pattaya can be a fun place to spend a few days as a family. Besides Pattaya Dolphin World and the Pattaya Dolphinarium, the city is home to theme parks including the Cartoon Network Amazone and Frost Magical Ice of Siam. Many kids will enjoy Rubberland, devoted to the art of making rubber, as well as the Pattaya Teddy Bear Museum.
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in Bangkok
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Alangkarn Show Pattaya
- Upside Down Pattaya
- Underwater World Pattaya
- Pattaya Water Park at Pattaya Park Beach Resort
- Pattaya Floating Market
- Nongnooch Garden Pattaya (Nong Nooch Tropical Garden)
- Ripley's Believe it or Not! Pattaya
- Pattaya Beach
- Mini Siam
- Pattaya Teddy Bear Museum
- Frost Magical Ice of Siam
- Sanctuary of Truth (Prasat Sut Ja-Tum)
- Coral Island (Koh Larn)