Coi Nguon Museum (Bao Tang Coi Nguon) Tours and Activities
Read MoreShow Less
In addition to white-sand beaches and tropical jungle, the island of Phu Quoc—off the coast of Cambodia—is home to the Coi Nguon Museum (Bảo Tàng Cội Nguồn), a natural history museum that exhibits more than 5,000 artifacts. If you find yourself in one of Phu Quoc’s unpredictable downpours, the natural history museum provides a great place to explore until the skies have cleared.
The museum’s collection comprises fossilized wood, turtle shells, sea shells, animal bones, relics from a nearby shipwreck, displays on Vietnamese medicines, and historical artifacts including Stone Age implements and 17th- to 19th-century pottery. An entire floor is dedicated to the lives of Phu Quoc’s present-day residents. Travelers can visit independently or as part of a south island tour, which also covers the historic Phu Quoc Prison and a pearl-cultivation farm.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Coi Nguon Museum is a great place to escape the midday heat and learn more about the island’s history.
- From the fifth floor of the building, visitors can enjoy panoramic views of the coastline.
- There is a small entrance fee for the museum.
- The museum’s building also has a gift shop, several restaurants, and a Buddhist shrine.
How to Get There
Coi Nguon Museum is in Dung Dong Town, off Tran Hung Dao street near Long Beach, the island’s busiest and longest stretch of sand.
When to Get There
Coi Nguon Museum, sometimes translated as Origin Museum, is open daily from 8am to 5pm. Allow at least an hour and a half to explore the museum’s offerings.
Things to Do in Phu Quoc
There’s so much more to Phu Quoc than just beaches—attractions range from pepper plantations to hilltop pagodas. Highlights include Phu Quoc National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that sprawls over more than half of the island; the Dinh Cau Rock, a natural formation where fisherman pray before long voyages at sea; and the picturesque Suoi Tranh Waterfall.
Address: 149 Tran Hung Dao, Khu Pho 7, Duong Dong Town, Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam, Vietnam
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Coi Nguon Museum (Bao Tang Coi Nguon)
No results found!
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Things to do in Battambang
- Things to do in Vung Tau
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand