Top San Francisco Sailing
Saved to wishlist!
Private and Luxury
Private Sightseeing Tours
Ports of Call Tours
Likely To Sell Out
16 results | All San Francisco Tours
Admire San Francisco and its surrounding sights from the water on a San Francisco Bay sailing cruise. Onboard a catamaran, sail past the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, legendary Alcatraz Island, and the hamlet of Sausalito. Take advantage of great photo ops while you soak up the sea breeze during this scenic tour.
Take a relaxing afternoon sailing cruise aboard a traditional sailboat on the San Francisco Bay. Cruise past landmarks such as Alcatraz Island, Angel Island, the Sausalito waterfront, and Golden Gate Bridge, and see the San Francisco skyline on your way back to Pier 39. Includes two drinks, and personalized attention from the crew and captain.
Come aboard the Privateer for a beautiful sailing journey along the San Francisco Bay where you can enjoy sightseeing at the most beautiful time of day—sunset. Coast along as you spot out Alcatraz, the Sausalito shoreline, and the Golden Gate bridge, all with a drink of choice in your hand.
Go sailing on the San Francisco Bay on a spectacular sailboat cruise from Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf. Head to the Golden Gate Bridge for sweeping views of the Marin Headlands, Tiburon and Sausalito, then glide across the bay, passing Angel Island, Alcatraz Island, The Presidio, Crissy Field, Ghirardelli Square, and the Bay Bridge. You can enjoy two complimentary glasses of sparkling wine, beer or soda, and ask your captain and crew any questions you may have along the way.
Tread in the footsteps of world-champion sailors on this 2.5-hour America’s Cup Day Sail on San Francisco Bay. You’ll board a high-speed International America’s Cup class yacht and take a turn on the official race course from the 2013 competition. With a skilled sailor in charge, you’ll take your turn as crew working the sail trim controls and even have a chance to skipper the boat. After departing from San Francisco’s famous Pier 39 you’ll take to the Bay and cruise beneath the magnificent Golden Gay Bridge. There’s no better way to see the Bay than this sailing trip with USA 76.
Sail across San Francisco Bay at twilight to admire the city skyline as it begins to light up for the night. With an experienced captain at the helm, you’ll glide past Alcatraz Island and cruise underneath the Golden Gate Bridge.
Explore one of California's most iconic settings from the beauty of San Francisco Bay. This narrated Golden Gate Bay cruise journeys alongside Alcatraz and Angel Island State Park, past the shores of Sausalito and beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. You can choose to view the sights from inside your boat or out on deck.
Bypass the line and head directly to the gate with your prebooked tickets. This sunset cruise takes you across San Francisco Bay with outstanding views of the city skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco Bay Bridge, and Alcatraz Island. Relax while background music sets the tone. Watch the sunset or select a twilight cruise during winter months.
On this San Francisco bridge cruise, get an up-close look at the city’s two engineering marvels—the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge—as you travel across San Francisco Bay. See major city sights like Alcatraz, Coit Tower, and the Ferry Building, and listen to recorded commentary about the city's legendary architecture while you glide under both bridges.
Enjoy a relaxing outing on San Francisco Bay with a cruise. Take in panoramic views of the city skyline, marvel at Alcatraz Island, and journey beneath the Golden Gate Bridge. Choose to sit indoors or savor cool bay breezes from an outdoor deck and experience San Francisco in a whole new way from the water. You can even learn about the sights that you're seeing from a free audio tour—available on any personal wifi-enabled device. This ticket allows you to skip the box office line and go straight to the gate.
Boats that usually take groups out on the San Francisco Bay can be super crowded and it can even be hard to see the views. This San Francisco Bay Private Sailboat Cruise takes just you and your group out on the water, so you never have to worry about missing out on seeing something. See popular spots like Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge or customize your time on the bay.
Start your day in San Francisco with a memorable private sailing cruise on the bay aboard a luxury yacht. Get out early for the calmest water, and let an experienced local captain show you the best of the bay, from the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island to quaint bayside villages like Sausalito and Tiburon. Unlike larger cruises, there's no jockeying for space or getting lost in the crowd on this private experience just for your group.
Experience the San Francisco Bay on a 2-hour sailing tour aboard a boat that competed in the America’s Cup, one of the world’s most prestigious sailing competitions. Depart from a convenient location on Pier 39 for this family-friendly sailboat tour, which offers sweeping views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Sausalito, the city skyline, and more.
Spend the weekend exploring the San Francisco Bay by deluxe chartered yacht during this all-inclusive, multi-day experience from Redwood City. Get a chance to explore scenic Angel Island, with bike rentals or guided tours available on request. Sleep comfortably in queen and bunk bed-equipped rooms with hot showers. All meals are included, plus drinks and snacks.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
The Golden Gate isn’t the only bridge in town! Once the sun sets and the lights come on, join us for a city-front cruise to enjoy the majestic sites of San Francisco in the night sky. See the Bay Bridge lit in all its glory, along with Coit Tower, Transamerica Pyramid and so many other wonderful views. Two complimentary drinks are included on this unique view of San Francisco, book today! Please note for clarity: This tour stays along the SF waterfront for the best city night views, while we know you’ll still love it, we do not go under the Golden Gate Bridge on this trip.
We know of no other sailing vessel that has such a spacious design both in the bar/lounge below decks and above too. This tall ship schooner is one of a kind with traditional rigging and modern conveniences. She is stunningly beautiful yet a stable ride. Come enjoy all her splendor!
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Sailing in San Francisco?
The best Sailing in San Francisco according to Viator travelers are:
What Sailing in San Francisco are 1 hour or less?
Sailing in San Francisco that are 1 hour or less are:
What Sailing in San Francisco are taking additional safety precautions?
These San Francisco experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Sailing in San Francisco are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in San Francisco may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- On the Water
- Catamaran Cruises
- Multi-day Cruises
- Night Cruises
- Sightseeing Cruises
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- Day Cruises
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shore Excursions
- Sunset Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Classes & Workshops
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Madame Tussauds San Francisco Tours & Tickets
- Vesuvio Cafe Tours & Tickets
- Ferry Plaza Farmers Market Tours & Tickets
- Exploratorium Tours & Tickets
- Presidio Tours & Tickets
- Fillmore District Tours & Tickets
- Marin Headlands Tours & Tickets
- Barbary Coast Trail Tours & Tickets
- Aquarium of the Bay Tours & Tickets
- SoMa (South of Market) Tours & Tickets
- Ocean Beach San Francisco Tours & Tickets
- Tomales Point Tours & Tickets
- Macondray Lane Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Treasure Island Tours & Tickets
- California Historical Society Tours & Tickets
- San Francisco Playhouse Tours & Tickets
- Grace Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Twin Peaks Tours & Tickets
- Fort Mason Tours & Tickets
- Fisherman's Wharf Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in California
- Things to do in Sausalito
- Things to do in Napa & Sonoma
- Things to do in Yosemite National Park
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in San Luis Obispo
- Things to do in Pismo Beach
- Things to do in Santa Barbara
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Anaheim & Buena Park
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Oregon
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from San Francisco
- San Francisco to Yosemite National Park
- San Francisco to Muir Woods
- San Francisco to Alcatraz
- San Francisco to Napa & Sonoma
- San Francisco to Fisherman's Wharf
- San Francisco to Golden Gate Bridge
- San Francisco to Union Square
- San Francisco to Castello di Amorosa
- San Francisco to Pebble Beach
- San Francisco to 17-Mile Drive
- San Francisco to Monterey Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco to El Capitan
- San Francisco to Half Dome
- San Francisco to Yosemite Falls
- San Francisco to Santa Rosa
- San Francisco to San Jose
- San Francisco to Sausalito