Embark on an archaeological adventure right in the heart of the city with a visit to the Jorvik Dig, the perfect complement to the nearby Jorvik Viking Centre. Centered around the city’s original archeological dig sites, the unique attraction offers the chance to discover York’s 2000-year history through four specially created in-door excavation pits, filled with replica artifacts from the Roman, Viking, medieval and Victorian eras.
The interactive exhibits are great fun for the whole family, with fascinating displays detailing the recent Hungate excavations, and showcasing artifacts such as medieval pottery and Roman jewelry, while children of all ages can get hands-on digging for treasures like pottery, bone, and jewels in the special synthetic soil pits.
What are Jorvik Dig hours of operation?
Things to do near York
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in North East England