York Army Museum
The York Army Museum takes visitors on a journey through history, following Yorkshire's historic cavalry and infantry regiments—The Royal Dragoon Guards and The Yorkshire Regiment—from 1685 to the present day. Recently reopened after a £1 million renovation, the small museum is a fitting tribute to the British Army, and now ranks among the most impressive military museums in the UK.
Visitors can learn more about the regiments and their soldiers through a series of interactive exhibits, audio-visual displays, and a collection of artifacts dating back more than 300 years. Highlights include a sizable display of army memorabilia, including weaponry, uniforms, medals, and photographs; personal accounts from serving soldiers and army personnel; and a dress up area for kids to try on the army uniforms.
What are York Army Museum hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience York Army Museum?
Things to do near York
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Glasgow
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in North East England