7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Escape the crowded city of Amsterdam on a private trip through Europe’s most charming countryside. Just half an hour from Amsterdam, enjoy traditional Dutch culture at the fishing village of Volendam and the windmill village of Zaanse Schans. Eat lunch at a traditional seafood restaurant and take a ferry cruise on the Volendam-Marken Express. A luxury vehicle with a personal guide takes you round trip; no need to navigate trains or crowded buses.
- Enjoy the waterways and historic villages of the Dutch countryside
- Stop at a traditional Dutch cheese farm
- Tour a historic windmill in Zaanse Schans
- Convenient round trip transportation in a luxury Mercedes
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes sedan/minivan
Transport by private vehicle
Tickets for the ferry to Marken
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Provide us your pick up address or location and the pick up time you prefer to start the tour.
- Amsterdam port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customer can choose the time of start of the tour
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour so no other people will join in the car. Our vehicles will be cleaned after every tour, have plastic safety glass and our drivers wear gloves and masks
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY VIP Travel Services
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour to the Windmills, Cheese and Clogs Volendam, Marken from Amsterdam?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour to the Windmills, Cheese and Clogs Volendam, Marken from Amsterdam?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour to the Windmills, Cheese and Clogs Volendam, Marken from Amsterdam?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour to the Windmills, Cheese and Clogs Volendam, Marken from Amsterdam?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "OK, so we basically visited many of the tourist hot spots near Amsterdam, but the extra cost was well worth it." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour to the Windmills, Cheese and Clogs Volendam, Marken from Amsterdam
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursBus ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmsterdamShore Excursions - RotterdamFood Tours - RotterdamBus Tours - RotterdamPorts of Call Tours - RotterdamFull-day Tours - RotterdamShore Excursions - DordrechtFood Tours - DordrechtBus Tours - DordrechtPorts of Call Tours - DordrechtFull-day Tours - DordrechtShore Excursions - LeeuwardenFood Tours - LeeuwardenBus Tours - LeeuwardenPorts of Call Tours - LeeuwardenFull-day Tours - LeeuwardenCategory
Bridge of 15 BridgesMadurodamAmsterdam DungeonKalverstraatMuseum Willet-HolthuysenMuseum of Medieval Torture InstrumentsStedelijk MuseumZuiderkerk (Southern Church)Museum Het SchipNational Monument (Nationaal Monument op de Dam)Amsterdam Cruise PortVondelparkA’dam LookoutEdamTheater AmsterdamThis is HollandVenustempel Sex Museum Emperor's Canal (Keizersgracht)Hermitage AmsterdamRembrandt House Museum (Museum Het Rembrandthuis)