Explore our promoted experiences
- Private tour of Mont St-Michel from Caen
- Visit the crowning jewel of Normandy and one of the most iconic attractions in France
- Take a walking tour of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed abbey with your private guide
- Enjoy free time to wander Mont St-Michel's backstreets and admire views over the bay
- Visit St-Lô, Balleroy, Avranches, the Abbey of Cerisy, Villedieu-les-Poêles or Bayeux, if time permits
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Follow your guide up the cobblestone streets of the village, winding your way up to the abbey that sits at the top. Tour the 8th-century abbey with your private guide, learning more about the history of the place, after which you'll have some time to explore the town independently. Browse the local shops, visit the museum or stop for lunch in one of the village restaurants (own expense). Watch the tides roll in and out around Mont St-Michel, turning it into an island at regular intervals.
Depending on how long you spend at Mont St-Michel, you may have time for a 1-hour stop at another attraction on your way back to Caen. Choose from the towns of Balleroy, Avranches, Bayeux, St-Lô or Villedieu les Poeles, or the Abbey of Cerisy, and specify your preference in the 'Special Requirements' section when you book this tour.
Continue learning about Mont St-Michel in Avranches, which overlooks the abbey's bay. Find out why St-Lô is called the 'Capital of the Ruins.' See Louis XIII's trademark style in Balleroy. Dig into the Roman history of Bayeux. See the handiwork of copper artisans in Villedieu-les-Poeles. Visit the Abbey of Cerisy to see an excellent example of Norman architecture.
At the conclusion of your tour, climb back into the minivan for the return trip to Caen.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, including a number of steps and uphill paths to get to the abbey
- Not recommended for anyone with mobility difficulties
- Good walking shoes are recommended
- Please note: The additional visit to St-Lô, Balleroy, Avranches, the Abbey of Cerisy or Villedieu-les-Poêles will only be possible if there is time and will last a maximum of one hour. If your group spends longer at Mont St Michel, there will not be time to go anywhere else.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Normandy Sightseeing Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands