- 3-day tour of northern Thailand and Golden Triangle, round-trip from Chiang Mai
- Catch a glimpse of the borders Thailand, Laos and Myanmar (Burma) from the Golden Triangle and enjoy an opportunity to step foot in all three!
- Explore hilltribe villages and sip tea at a Chinese teahouse in Doi Mae Salong
- Wander through the caves of Chiang Dao National Park and head down the Khong River on a long-tail boat
- Learn about the opium trade at the Hall of Opium museum exhibit
- Soak in the hot springs of Mae Ka Chan
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up on Day one from the Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa between 8am and 9am. If you wish to be picked up from a different, centrally located hotel, please advise your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
We recommend pre accommodation at the Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa
Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa
17-19 Loikroh T.Changklan A.Muang
When the Raming Lodge Hotel & Spa is fully booked we recommend the following alternative hotels for pre/post accommodation.
De Lanna Boutique Hotel
44 Intawarorot Road T.Sriphum Muang,
Chiang Mai 50200,
De Charme Hotel
28 Sriphum ,Singrat Road ,Muang
Should you need to contact our office for any Hotel pick up changes, please email at least 48hours before the trip departure or for any urgent last minute changes call during business hours. We also have an after hours number. Please note that the after hours number is only for emergency calls and is unable to take any last minute joining point confirmations.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travel insurance that covers medical expenses, including emergency repatriation, is required to participate on this tour; proof of insurance must be shown to tour leader on the first day
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Accommodations are reserved on a twin-share basis; rooms have two twin beds good for two people. For individuals traveling by themselves and want a private room, please book Single Room option. If you are traveling with an odd number of people, one person will be placed in twin share room with another traveler.
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please note that you MUST include the details of your Chiang Mai hotel at the time of booking; if this has not been settled prior to booking your trip, you must contact the local tour operator at lest 48 hours in advance with this information (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher)
- Please note that an entry visa into Myanmar (Burma) costs approximately US$17; you MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Not all meals are included to give you the flexibility to choose where, what and with whom to eat; your guide will be on hand to give expert recommendations on local specialties and restaurants
- Recommended items to bring:
- Comfortable walking/trail shoes and clothes
- Clothing that covers both shoulders and knees (required for entry to some temples)
- The following information is required upon booking:
- Full name and date of birth
- Current country of residence
- Passport number and country of issue
- Passport issue date and expiry date
- Existing medical conditions and/or dietary requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Group
If you cancel at least 56 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 25 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 30 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 31 and 55 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by 3-Day Chiang Mai and Golden Triangle Tour Including Doi Mae Salong.