- Visit the impressive temples of Chiang Mai including the 600-year old Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep
- Amazing views of Chiang Mai from the summit of Doi Suthep
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Informative and friendly guide
- Includes hotel pickup and drop off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 30 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Start your Chiang Mai temple tour with a pick-up from your hotel in the city about 30 minutes to an hour before the start of the tour. From there you’ll visit Wat Chedi, an ancient structure in Central Chiang Mai first constructed in 1411. The temple once rose over 278 feet (84 meters) above the city before it was partially destroyed by an earthquake in 1545. Glance inside the temple to observe statues of guardian spirits that some say protect the temple to this day.
The tour will also ascend the rolling hills surrounding the Chiang Mai to experience the immaculate Wat Phrathat Doi Sutep, perched high above the urban center near the summit of the peak of Doi Suthep. The final staircase leading to the site is adorned with the impressive body of the mythical dragon-headed serpent, or Naga, snaking its way down 306 steps.
Over the course of the tour, gain first-hand insight into habits of the temples’ Buddhist monks as they go about their daily routines, plus plenty of opportunities to photograph historic environs of Chiang Mai and the majestic views from the foothills surrounding the city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the unlikely event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Near public transportation
- Dress Code: Visitors must be properly dressed before being allowed entry to the temple. Men must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves - no sleeveless tops. If you're wearing sandals or flip-flops you must wear socks (in other words, no bare feet.) Women must be similarly modestly dressed. No see-through clothes, bare shoulders, etc. It is also recommended to avoid bright colors.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Thailand
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Because this is only a half day, I think it makes a great option for families and for people who want some alone time to explore in the afternoons and evenings." See review
- "very HOT in October, interesting to see the temples with a guide." See review
- "This is a very worthwhile tour of some of the most beautiful temples in Chiang Mai." See review