Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore the area surrounding The Golden Triangle on this full-day trip from Chiang Mai
- Visit local villages including the Akha and Yao hilltribe
- Lunch and hotel pickup and drop off included
- Friendly and informative guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please be aware that the pick-up for this tour is included and covers all the hotel located in the following areas: (Chang Klan Road, Huay Kaew Road, Amphur Muang, Chang Puak A. Muang, Ratchamaka Road, Nimmanhemin Road, Thapae Road A. Maung)
For hotel pick-ups outside of this area, an additional charge may be applied or a closer meeting point pick-up may be suggested to you by our Team upon reception of your booking.
What To Expect
Make a stop at the Mae Ka Chan hot springs, where you can soak sore muscles in three natural pools. Let tiny fish nibble dead skin from your feet, or purchase quail eggs to cook in the boiling waters.
Back in the vehicle, you’re taken to where the borders of Thailand, Myanmar (Burma) and Laos meet. From a viewpoint set high on a hillside, enjoy a panoramic vista over the three countries.Your guide points out the confluence of the Mekong and Ruak rivers; watch the scene unfold below or opt for a boat ride across the mighty Mekong (own expense).
Continue on to Mae Sai, the northernmost trading post located near the Thailand-Myanmar border, where a regional lunch is served.
Nearing the lovely city of Chiang Rai, your guide accompanies you to Wat Rong Khun — aka the White Temple — a contemporary complex made of shimmering glass and painted white plaster rebuilt by a local artist who began construction in 1997.
On the return journey to Chiang Mai you’ll visit the hill tribe villages of Akha and Yao before drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the unlikely event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- For passenger safety, all vans are equipped with GPS unit. To keep drivers below the speed limit, GPS unit beeps should vehicle exceed 90 kms/hour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Thailand
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Chiang Rai and Golden Triangle Day Tour from Chiang Mai.