6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Discover Chiang Mai’s traditional arts and culture with a full-day, small-group handicrafts tour. Learn about Thailand’s artistic history at the city’s arts and cultural center, then meet the makers in the Puak Tam community. See how artisans craft ceremonial umbrellas and brassware, then continue to the Muen Sarn community where craftsmen have made fine silverware for centuries. Enjoy lunch in the home of a local family, then meet a group of traditional lacquerware makers and try crafting your own before returning to Chiang Mai.
- Full-day tour of Chiang Mai's arts and crafts
- Learn the process behind Thailand's most distinctive souvenirs
- Meet the makers
- Shop for souvenirs at local studios
- Lunch included
- Small group tour ensures a personal experience
Saved to wishlist!
A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
Transportation by a red cab (local transportation) with professional driver.
All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
All applicable taxes and service charges
Introduction to a lacquerware workshop at a local community
Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
Return transfers from / to your booked accommodation from / to the indicated meeting point
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Prapokkloa Rd, Tambon Si Phum, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour is operated on private basis with an English-speaking guide only.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This excursion does not include return transfers from and to your booked accommodation. Customers are requested to get to the meeting point well ahead in time of the starting time on own arrangement. Should customers prefer to have a pre-arranged transfer included, supplements apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to reach the meeting point for this excursion at least 30 minutes prior to the commencement of this excursion. Failure to do so may result in 100% cancellation charges / no refunds.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Lost Treasures of Chiang Mai?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during The Lost Treasures of Chiang Mai?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Lost Treasures of Chiang Mai?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
What is the maximum group size during The Lost Treasures of Chiang Mai?
This activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by The Lost Treasures of Chiang Mai.
See all safety measures taken by The Lost Treasures of Chiang Mai.
- "If you enjoy handcrafted artwork, seeing things created, and learning the history of the Lanna kingdom, this is definitely the way to go!" See review
Product code: 8084P243
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChiang MaiCity Tours - Northern ThailandWalking Tours - Northern ThailandHistorical Tours - Northern ThailandHalf-day Tours - Northern ThailandCity Tours - Chiang RaiWalking Tours - Chiang RaiHistorical Tours - Chiang RaiHalf-day Tours - Chiang RaiCity Tours - Luang PrabangWalking Tours - Luang PrabangHistorical Tours - Luang PrabangHalf-day Tours - Luang PrabangCategory
Doi Inthanon National ParkBaanchang Elephant ParkGolden Temple (Wat Phra That Doi Kham)Ban Hmong Mae Sa Mai VillageBan Mae Kampong VillageWat Chiang ManElephant Nature ParkDoi Suthep–Pui National ParkSuan Bua Mae Sa Orchid FarmElephant Parade HouseTweechol Botanic GardenWarorot MarketChiang Dao CavesGrand Canyon Water ParkMae Sa WaterfallWiang Kum KamWat Phra Singh WaramahawihanChiang Mai Zoo & AquariumThai Elephant Conservation CenterChiang Mai Tribal Museum