- 3.5-hour tour of Chiang Mai temples
- Visit Doi Suthep, Wat Chedi Luang, and Wat Phra Singh
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Opt to upgrade for a private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Chiang Mai hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
What To Expect
Start with the crown jewel: Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, located near the summit of its namesake mountain. Take a drive up the mountain’s winding road, then disembark for the final climb of 306 steps via a staircase designed as a magnificent naga (dragon-headed serpent). Inside the temple you'll find a copper-plated chedi (stupa) topped by a five-tiered gold umbrella, believed to contain partial relics of Lord Buddha. On a clear day, enjoy commanding views over Chiang Mai.
After your descent, continue on down a road into town, passing by Warorot Market before visiting two more impressive temples. First is the must-see Wat Chedi Luang, which towers 196 feet (60 meters) high and is the revered home of the Emerald Buddha. Next, visit the 14th-century Wat Phra Singh (Temple of the Lion Lord), which houses a sacred 1,500-year-old Buddha image and served as the principal religious center of the Lanna Kingdom. The complex is composed of several buildings of varying architectural and artistic merit.
Conclude your half-day tour with the return to your Chiang Mai hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis. Joint tours are operated with an English-speaking guide only.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Chiang Mai areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Mae Rim, Hang Dong, Doi Saket, Mae Taeng and Chiang Mai International Airport are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees.
- Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by The Venerable Landmarks of Chiang Mai.