- Almsgiving and temples tour in Chiang Mai with a private guide
- Rise early to join the locals in providing morning alms to monks
- Climb the steps up Mt Suthep to the Doi Suthep temples for splendid views before the crowds arrive
- Visit the lesser-known temple of Wat Umong for a private Buddhist blessing
- Savor the unique flavors of a northern specialty dish of khao soy
- Round-trip hotel transport by private, air-conditioned minivan
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please Note: Surcharges apply for pickup and/or drop-off from hotels out of Chiang Mai City Centre.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
What To Expect
Re-board the minivan to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, a Buddhist monastery where you’ll disembark to climb the 309 steps of the Golden Naga staircase. Reaching the top, admire the golden pagodas, a magnificent Emerald Buddha replica and the vista over Chiang Mai.
Your next stop includes a walk through mysterious tunnels leading to the 14th-century Wat Umong. During a private blessing ceremony with resident Buddhist monks, soak up the ambient sounds of chanting amid flickering candles and the scent of incense.
Finally, sate your appetite with a classic northern Thai dish called khao soy, which is made with coconut milk, crispy noodles and plenty of spices. After this savory breakfast, you’re delivered back to your hotel in Chiang Mai.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- It is recommended to pack a breakfast or snack to eat until lunchtime
- Please Note: This tour may be operated by a multilingual guide, however language options are subject to availability and will cost an additional surcharge. Please contact the tour operator directly prior to tour departure
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note that dress codes are conservative for this tour; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Exotissimo Thailand
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Morning Buddhist Almsgiving and Temples Tour in Chiang Mai.
- "Early start but really worth it to get a good look around all the areas without the usual tourist traffic" See review