8 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Learn about the hill tribe cultures of Chiang Mai on a customizable private tour. A local hill tribe guide introduces you to the Karen, Hmong, Akha and other groups in a non-intrusive and responsible way. Visit Baan Tong Luang village and take a scenic journey to remote destinations in the countryside by 4WD. Learn about cultural traditions and gain unique insight while you interact.
- Private day trip to hill tribe villages from Chiang Mai
- Visit Baan Tong Luang village and other rural locales
- Hear insightful commentary by a personal guide from a local hill tribe
- Meet and interact with the Karen, Hmong, Akha, Palong and more
- Customize the itinerary according to personal preferences
Saved to wishlist!
Professional local guide and driver
Transport by private vehicle, 4x4
Hotel pick up and drop-off
Petrol: fill up tank and pay at the petrol pump (at the end of the tour), approximately 800 Baht
Food: We'll cook lunch together over handmade fire. Please pay villagers directly 250bt/adult
All entrance fees for optional activities
Baan Tong Luang village - Entrance ticket (optional activity) 500 Baht
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
We can pick up from your hotel in Chiang Mai city, Chiang Mai airport, Chiang Mai train station, Chiang Mai bus station. For pick up from other locations please contact us
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Pick up time from your hotel is 8am and we finish in the late afternoon. The timing is flexible though, please contact us about this
- We specialise in visiting authentic villages and personalised experiences. So we can't guarantee what you'll see and do in the village. But you'll have the chance to meet villagers, be invited into their homes and to see how they live in an respectful way
- The itinerary is an outline only, and is flexible. We can customize the trip
- Optional visit to Baan Tong Luang village (where you can see the Long neck women, Palong, Lahu, Hmong, Lisu hill tribes). This is a touristic village, but it provides the chance to see a variety of hill tribe groups, which would otherwise be difficult to see in 1 day. The ticket for this is an additional cost. You can decide about this on the day, with your guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- We have a non-inclusive price, as our local fair pay policy to ensure villagers receive 100% profits from their services
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Thailand Hilltribe Holidays
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.