8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore Thailand’s ancient past without suffering through long rides on a crowded and stuffy tour bus. Drive from Chiang Rai to the ancient city of Chiang Saen, a network of temples and ruins built centuries ago, in a private vehicle, a driver behind the wheel to handle the traffic on your behalf. Along the way, stop at local landmarks like the Royal Villa, once home to Princess Srinagarindra of the Thai Royal Family, and Wat Phra That Doi Tung, a sacred, centuries-old Buddhist temple.
- Visit the Golden Triangle to see where Thailand meets Laos and Myanmar
- Take some time out for shopping at the bustling border town of Mae Sai
- Lunch, transport, and entry fees covered by your tour costs
- Get to and from your Chiang Rai hotel with ease: round-trip transfers included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
Additional food and drinks
The listed price does not include a 300THB surcharge for pick up and drop off in hotel outside the city centre (5 km. from the 3 king monument)
Departure & Return
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 3 miles (5 km) radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Sightseeingbangkok.com
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Ancient City Tour from Chiang Rai including Golden Triangle and Royal Villa?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Ancient City Tour from Chiang Rai including Golden Triangle and Royal Villa?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Ancient City Tour from Chiang Rai including Golden Triangle and Royal Villa?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Ancient City Tour from Chiang Rai including Golden Triangle and Royal Villa?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Ancient City Tour from Chiang Rai including Golden Triangle and Royal Villa
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChiang RaiBus Tours - Northern ThailandCity Tours - Northern ThailandHistorical Tours - Northern ThailandFull-day Tours - Northern ThailandBus Tours - Chiang MaiCity Tours - Chiang MaiHistorical Tours - Chiang MaiFull-day Tours - Chiang MaiBus Tours - Luang PrabangCity Tours - Luang PrabangHistorical Tours - Luang PrabangFull-day Tours - Luang PrabangCategory