- Explore the Mae Salong and Mae Sai areas during a full-day trip from Chiang Rai
- Interact with Akha, Yao, and Lisu hill tribe villagers
- Enjoy the stunning view of the Mekong Valley from Doi Mae Salong
- Travel to the northern-most point along the Thai border with Myanmar
- Great way to experience the rugged scenery and culture of Thailand's far north
- Private guide ensures personalized service and attention
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from booked downtown hotel in Chiang Rai
What To Expect
After interacting with the villagers and learning about the daily rhythms of hill tribe life, continue to the village of Mae Chan, where you can learn about the Akha and Yao tribes that also populate the area. Then take a short break before proceeding to Doi Mae Salong, a mountain overlook near the Thai-Myanmar border that offers stunning scenery and a view of the Mekong Valley down below.
As you continue your excursion, you’ll enjoy a lunch at Mae Salong Villa before heading to the northern-most site along the Thai-Myanmar. After lunch you will stop at Tham Pla, otherwise known as Fish Cave. Watch as monkeys roam and the surrounding area as you get the opportunity to feed the fish. Shop for souvenirs at the impressive Mei Sai market, a paradise for gem collectors, and then begin your trip back to Chiang Rai.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Chiang Rai areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Fang, Thaton, Chiang Saen, Chiang Khong, Mae Sai, any surrounding mountain resort outside the Chiang Rai city borders and Chiang Rai International Airport are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users. The obstacles comprise of unpaved roads, small boats and cruise embarkation and disembarkation and insufficient facilities to provide a comfortable sightseeing tour.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Sand and water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- During this full-day tour, due to time constraints, it is not possible to include a trip into Thakhilek, Myanmar.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands