- Mekong Delta day tour by small speedboat from Ho Chi Minh City
- Visit a Buddhist pagoda and Cao Dai temple, and walk around a riverside market and village
- Sample fresh coconuts and Mekong whiskey at a family homestead
- Take in rural sights including lush canals lined with rice paddies, fruit orchards and water buffalo
- Light breakfast, lunch and hotel transport included
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 14 people provides more personalized attention from a guide
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin in the early morning with transfer from your Ho Chi Minh City hotel to the central pier. Board your speedboat and zip along the Saigon River while nibbling on the provided light breakfast.
Your first stop takes in the ornately decorated Tuong Van Pagoda. Learn from your guide about Buddhist spiritual practices, then continue downriver to a colorful waterside market loaded with goods, including mounds of exotic fruits, veggies and fresh fish.
By mid-morning, your boat reaches a web of smaller tributaries of the Mekong River. Wind through lush canals shaded by tropical foliage and enjoy your time on a rowboat. Taste fresh coconut and other produce, or sip fiery Mekong whiskey or wine.
Visit a lovely pagoda where a private chef prepares a Vietnamese lunch featuring traditional favorites, such as fresh spring rolls, ginger chicken, caramelized pork or elephant ear fish — a Mekong Delta specialty.
After lunch, learn about the Cao Dai religion — which combines the teachings of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Christianity — and see a colorful Cao Dai Temple, before visiting a nearby orphanage run by Buddhist monks.
In the afternoon, enjoy the scenery as you return by speedboat to Ho Chi Minh City. Your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel after transfer from the pier where you began your Mekong journey.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking; there will be a surcharge for vegetarian or halal options
- Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Please note the route can be subject to change due to water levels
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Les Rives
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Mekong Delta Experience by Speedboat.