8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Venture into the 13th-century streets of Jakarta, formerly Batavia, accompanied by a private guide who sheds light on its Dutch colonial history. You’ll explore Glodok, Indonesia’s oldest Chinatown, characterized by winding lanes and red-tiled roofs. See multiple attractions including the Chinese temple Jin De Yuan and the Dutch drawbridge, and stroll through Fatahillah Square and the Jalan Surabaya flea market. Visit the Wayang Museum for a look at kulit shadow puppets, stop by Sunda Kelapa Harbor, and view cultural artifacts at the National Museum of Indonesia.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Step back in time on a history tour
Saved to wishlist!
Share Hotel pickup and drop-off at Hotels in central Jakarta (North, East, South, West only)
Food and drinks
Transfers from and to Hotels that are located outside of Jakarta are not included
Transfers from and to the harbor (supplements apply)
Harbor entrance fees are not included and supplements may apply
Departure & Return
Location Name: Centrally located Jakarta hotels Return Location: Centrally located Jakarta hotels
Departure PointCentrally located Jakarta hotels
Return DetailsCentrally located Jakarta hotels
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Jakarta’s Old Batavia Trail?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Jakarta’s Old Batavia Trail?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Jakarta’s Old Batavia Trail?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Jakarta’s Old Batavia Trail?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Jakarta’s Old Batavia Trail
2 hours 45 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursMarketsHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingJakartaFood Tours - West JavaBus Tours - West JavaMarkets - West JavaHistorical Tours - West JavaFull-day Tours - West JavaFood Tours - BanyuwangiBus Tours - BanyuwangiMarkets - BanyuwangiHistorical Tours - BanyuwangiFull-day Tours - BanyuwangiFood Tours - Sentosa IslandBus Tours - Sentosa IslandMarkets - Sentosa IslandHistorical Tours - Sentosa IslandFull-day Tours - Sentosa IslandCategory