Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Enjoy views of Mt Everest and the surrounding Himalayas
- Visit Hotel Everest View, the highest hotel in the world
- Accommodations plus round-trip flight from Kathmandu and minivan transfer included
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures personal attention from your expert guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet at our Kathmandu office the day prior to departure at 5pm for a pre-departure meeting. At this meeting, the leader will reconfirm the flight times from Kathmandu to Lukla sp please meet the leader 4.45am at your hotel on day 1. Please advise if you arrive after 5pm on the day prior.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- On this hiking trip, you will be walking at demanding altitudes of approximately 12,467 ft (3800 m) above sea level, with the possibility of extreme variations in weather; it is common for travelers to experience adverse health effects due to this altitude, regardless of your age, gender and fitness. It is highly recommended that you discuss this trip with your doctor prior to departure
- All tour leaders have basic first aid training and are aware of the closest medical facilities
- Travel insurance that covers medical expenses, including emergency repatriation, is required to participate on this tour; proof of insurance must be shown to tour leader on the first day
- Minimum age is 15 years; all travelers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- As no meals are included, please expect to spend around US$130 in total for meals purchased locally
- Please pack as lightly as possible, as you are expected to carry your own luggage; it is recommended that you keep the weight under 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Extra Luggage: You may leave any extra luggage (at own responsibility) at the Day 1 meeting point Kathmandu Guesthouse and pick it up upon your return.
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- The following information is required of travelers upon booking:
- Full name, nationality and current country of residence
- Date of birth
- Passport number, issue date and expiry date
- E-mail address
- Existing medical conditions or dietary requirements
- Travel insurer name, contact number and policy number
- In case of weather conditions leading to cancellations or delays in flights, this trip will operate on an alternate itinerary. Please see Day 1 of the itinerary for more details.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- You must bring an emergency fund of 500 USD in cash with you on this trip, which you may need to use in case of delayed or cancelled flights.
- We advise allowing a few extra days in Kathmandu at the end of your trip should your return flights from Lukla be delayed due to weather conditions.
- Over busy season we are unable to guarantee you'll have a private room in the tea houses.
- Please meet at our Kathmandu office listed in the trip notes the day prior to departure at 5pm for a pre departure meeting. If arriving on departure day, please ensure you are there no later than 8am.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intrepid Group - Asia
- If you cancel less than 30 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 30 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 55 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 31–55 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands