8 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
On this in-depth, full-day tour, you’ll follow in the footsteps of Beatrix Potter. Go behind the scenes to get a comprehensive overview of the acclaimed writer, illustrator, and scientist, best known for her “Peter Rabbit” series. Tours include stops where the author lived and worked, plus admission tickets to the Beatrix Potter Gallery and Armitt Museum.
- A full-day, Beatrix Potter-themed literary and history coach tour
- Learn how the celebrated children’s book author lived in the stunning Lake District
- Listen to live onboard commentary as you cruise between locations
- Save money on package admission, without paying individual entrance fees
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Knowledgeable guide available throughout the tour
Qualified driver in addition to guide for your safety
Plenty of time to enjoy every stop we make
Lunch stop in Hawkshead
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- All passengers, including children of any age, must have a seat purchased for them
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please choose the option for the place you wish to join the tour, once booked this is where we expect to pick you up
- The English Lake District weather can change quickly, even in the summer months. Please bring a waterproof coat with a hood in case of rain or windy weather
- As there is a little walking involved on the tour, some uphill and on uneven or wet terrain, please wear suitable, comfortable shoes
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY English Lakes Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingKendalKeswickWindermereBus Tours - Lake DistrictHistorical Tours - Lake DistrictFull-day Tours - Lake DistrictCategory