7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
While Kota Kinabalu is known for its busy markets and picturesque cityscape, visitors love venturing out of town for a day to get amongst nature. This full-day tour of Kilas Forest Reserve takes visitors on a river cruise to see amazing Malaysian wildlife as well as stunning fireflies after the sun sets.
- Enjoy complimentary refreshments and snacks as you cruise down the river
- Keep an eye out for monkeys playing together and beautiful Malaysian birdlife
- A convenient option: get picked up and dropped off outside your accommodation
- End your tour with a delicious buffet dinner at an authentic local restaurant
Saved to wishlist!
A half day and evening tour with a professional English-speaking guide / driver.
Joined cruise on the Klias River with a professional English-speaking guide, inclusive of life jacket
Transportation by car / mini-van / coach.
All applicable taxes and service charges
Coffee, tea and snack during the tour
Malaysian Buffet dinner at a local restaurant is included (food only)
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your booked Hotel in Kota Kinabalu (conditions apply)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis. Joint tours are operated with an English-speaking guide only.
- We are unable to communicate with you with accurate participation numbers, as these may change until the very last moment. .
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside central Kota Kinabalu. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation, such as Rasa Ria / Nexus / Beringgis, cruise ports and Kota Kinabalu’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users.
- The obstacles comprise of unpaved roads, small boats and cruise embarkation and disembarkation and insufficient facilities to provide a comfortable sightseeing tour.
- .We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Sand, dust and water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- It is recommended to bring a light jacket, trousers, good walking shoes, insect repellent and binoculars with you.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Half Day Klias Mangrove Wildlife and Fireflies with dinner?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Half Day Klias Mangrove Wildlife and Fireflies with dinner?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Half Day Klias Mangrove Wildlife and Fireflies with dinner?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Half Day Klias Mangrove Wildlife and Fireflies with dinner?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Would be more value for money if more activities were added to make the price more worth it." See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWater ToursEco ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingKota KinabaluNature and Wildlife - SabahWater Tours - SabahEco Tours - SabahFull-day Tours - SabahNature and Wildlife - SandakanWater Tours - SandakanEco Tours - SandakanFull-day Tours - SandakanNature and Wildlife - Puerto PrincesaWater Tours - Puerto PrincesaEco Tours - Puerto PrincesaFull-day Tours - Puerto PrincesaCategory
Gaya Island (Pulau Gaya)Kota Kinabalu Wetland CentreMari Mari Cultural VillageSabah State Mosque (Masjid Negeri Sabah)Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park (TARP)Klias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands)Sapi Island (Pulau Sapi)Poring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve (Poring Hot Springs)Manukan Island (Pulau Manukan)Kota Kinabalu City Mosque (Masjid Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu)Tip of Borneo (Tanjung Sipang Mengayu)Kota Belud