7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Get a look at the proboscis monkey population of Klias Wetland during a river cruise through the mangrove forest reserve outside Kota Kinabalu. The overland journey weaves through the countryside, passing by secluded beaches, villages and rice fields en route. You’ll receive a dinner of local foods with light refreshments before an evening boat ride to catch a glimpse of fireflies decorating the mangrove trees.
- Klias Wetland wildlife cruise from Kota Kinabalu
- Cruise through the mangroves in search of monkeys
- Sample local dishes for dinner
- See fireflies light up the night during a boat ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included by air-conditioned minivan
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Hotel pick-up and drop-off within Kota Kinabalu City Centre area
Drinks during dinner
Departure & Return
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
- Insect repellent, mineral water, hat, sun block and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Pickup details are provided 24 hours in advance
- Pickup time from beach hotels may be earlier than time indicated
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Destination Services Malaysia
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Half-Day Klias Wetland Cruise and Firefly Tour in Kota Kinabalu?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Half-Day Klias Wetland Cruise and Firefly Tour in Kota Kinabalu?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Half-Day Klias Wetland Cruise and Firefly Tour in Kota Kinabalu?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Half-Day Klias Wetland Cruise and Firefly Tour in Kota Kinabalu?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursDining ExperiencesDay CruisesWater ToursDinner CruisesFull-day ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingKota KinabaluBus Tours - SabahDining Experiences - SabahDay Cruises - SabahWater Tours - SabahDinner Cruises - SabahFull-day Tours - SabahBus Tours - SandakanDining Experiences - SandakanDay Cruises - SandakanWater Tours - SandakanDinner Cruises - SandakanFull-day Tours - SandakanBus Tours - Puerto PrincesaDining Experiences - Puerto PrincesaDay Cruises - Puerto PrincesaWater Tours - Puerto PrincesaDinner Cruises - Puerto PrincesaFull-day Tours - Puerto PrincesaCategory
Manukan Island (Pulau Manukan)Mari Mari Cultural VillageGaya Island (Pulau Gaya)Tip of Borneo (Tanjung Sipang Mengayu)Kota Kinabalu City Mosque (Masjid Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu)Sapi Island (Pulau Sapi)Signal Hill Observatory PlatformPoring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve (Poring Hot Springs)Kota BeludKlias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands)Monsopiad Cultural VillageKota Kinabalu Wetland Centre