3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Saved to wishlist!
A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide/ driver.
Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver cum guide.
All applicable taxes and service charges
All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Supplements charge 9 USD/pax/way for transfers outside from the general pick-up/drop-off location.
Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from central Kota Kinabalu.Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside central Kota Kinabalu. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation, such as Rasa Ria / Nexus / Beringgis, cruise ports and Kota Kinabalu’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 48 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- For security reasons, coaches are not allowed to head up to the top of Signal Hill – alternative transportation may be used during this half day tour when group sizes exceed a certain number.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Joint Tour is required a minimum of 4 passengers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Essence of Kota Kinabalu?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during The Essence of Kota Kinabalu?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Essence of Kota Kinabalu?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Essence of Kota Kinabalu?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
The Essence of Kota Kinabalu
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingKota KinabaluBus Tours - SabahCity Tours - SabahHalf-day Tours - SabahBus Tours - SandakanCity Tours - SandakanHalf-day Tours - SandakanBus Tours - Puerto PrincesaCity Tours - Puerto PrincesaHalf-day Tours - Puerto PrincesaCategory
Kota Kinabalu City Mosque (Masjid Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu) Tours & TicketsSignal Hill Observatory Platform Tours & TicketsKlias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands) Tours & TicketsMonsopiad Cultural Village Tours & TicketsKota Belud Tours & TicketsTip of Borneo (Tanjung Sipang Mengayu) Tours & TicketsSabah State Mosque (Masjid Negeri Sabah) Tours & TicketsSapi Island (Pulau Sapi) Tours & TicketsPoring Hot Spring & Nature Reserve (Poring Hot Springs) Tours & TicketsManukan Island (Pulau Manukan) Tours & TicketsGaya Island (Pulau Gaya) Tours & TicketsTunku Abdul Rahman National Park (TARP) Tours & Tickets