8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Borneo is world-renowned for its marine life, which includes turtles and a diverse array of tropical fish. Get an introduction to scuba diving, undoubtedly the most immersive way to discover underwater wildlife, on a full-day course in Kota Kinabalu. No previous diving experience is necessary for this hands-on experience, which culminates with a trip into open water. Lunch, all equipment, and hotel pickup and drop-off are included.
- Learn the basics of scuba diving on a full-day introductory course
- No previous diving experience is required
- Lunch, all equipment, and hotel pickup and drop-off are included
- Enjoy a more immersive experience of Borneo's underwater wildlife
Saved to wishlist!
Pick-up and drop-off from Kota kinabalu City Hotels
Accompany by PADI Certified Instructors
Use of diving equipment
Land and sea transfers
Sabah Park's Diving Fees (RM 20.00 ~ Malaysian) (RM 50.00 ~ International)
Scuba Diving (No Certification)
1 Borneo Hotels & Outskirt Hotels Pick up & drop-off additional USD 40 per vehicle
Departure & Return
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- 1 Borneo Hotels & Outskirt Hotels Pick up & drop-off additional charges applied. Additional USD 40 per vehicle
- 24 hours are not allowed for boarding in plane after or before Diving (More information Below)
- Prior to enrollment in any of the courses, a Confidential Medical Form must be filled out, and a physician’s release may be required if there are any medical issues preventing you from diving.
- Junior Divers must have a parent or legal guardian accompany them at all times on courses and on our boats. Parents must provide a written statement authorizing a legal guardian.
- Our dive captains and dive operators will take requests for dive sites. However, sites cannot be pre-booked or guaranteed.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Weather, sea conditions and experience of divers on board are also a factor in selecting the appropriate dive site for the group. Our dive captains and dive operators will make every effort to accommodate your requests.
- Minimum time you should give before flying after diving: After single no-decompression dives, a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested.
- After multiple no-decompression dives per day or multiple days of diving a minimum pre-flight surface interval of 18 hours is suggested.
- For dives requiring decompression stops, there is little experimental or published evidence on which to base a recommendation. For decompression diving, a pre-flight surface interval substantially longer than 18 hours appears prudent.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asni Tours & Travel (iTours)
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Questions & Answers
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kota Kinabalu Discover Scuba Diving?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Kota Kinabalu Discover Scuba Diving?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Kota Kinabalu Discover Scuba Diving?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Kota Kinabalu Discover Scuba Diving?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 38355P278
Explore Similar Things to Do
Scuba DivingWater SportsOutdoor ActivitiesKota KinabaluScuba Diving - SabahScuba Diving - SandakanScuba Diving - Puerto PrincesaCategory
Signal Hill Observatory PlatformMonsopiad Cultural VillageTunku Abdul Rahman National Park (TARP)Gaya Island (Pulau Gaya)Kota Kinabalu Wetland CentreMari Mari Cultural VillageManukan Island (Pulau Manukan)Kota BeludTip of Borneo (Tanjung Sipang Mengayu)Klias Peninsula (Klias Wetlands)Sapi Island (Pulau Sapi)Kota Kinabalu City Mosque (Masjid Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu)