- Thai culinary experience at Ya’s Cookery School in Krabi
- Visit a food market to buy fresh ingredients
- Learn to prepare classic dishes like massaman curry, pad Thai, and others
- Discover the secrets of Thai cooking from professional chef Ya
- Savor your creations with your fellow cooks
- Multiple class times, with all ingredients and equipment included
- Includes Krabi town and Ao Nang hotel transfers, with Muang and Tubkaek hotel transfers for additional cost
Departure & Return
Meet at Ya' Cookery School in Ao Nang at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Meet your professional chef, Ya, and visit a fresh food market. Take in the various stands, and watch as Ya chooses the best ingredients. Then, head to Ya’s school to learn classic Thai cooking. Get an introduction to the country’s food, and discover the rich colors, delicate aromas, and spices that make the perfect Thai meal.
In the kitchen, try your hand at some traditional Thai dishes. Learn how to balance flavors and cook from scratch using classic utensils and techniques. Get guidance on making curry paste — an essential recipe base — and discover various herbs and spices as you grind them in a stone mortar.
Dishes will vary, but expect to try out favorites like massaman curry, spicy prawn soup, stir fried chicken, pad Thai, or others.
Once everything’s ready, savour your creations with your fellow cooks, and get feedback from Ya.
Then, take your leave, armed with your newfound skills so you can impress everyone back home. Your experience concludes with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All dishes can be adapted to taste or vegetarian preferences.
- There is an extra charge of 500 THB for the pickup of customers staying at Klong Muang or Tubkaek Beach which has to be paid on the day of the trip.
- There is an extra charge of 200 THB per person for the pickup service in Krabi Town which has to be paid on the day of the trip.
- Minimum of 2 people required to start the cooking class.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Trip Store Krabi
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff