5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Immerse yourself in the rugged, wide-open beauty of the Nevada desert and experience true cowboy hospitality on a sunset horseback ride through Red Rock Canyon. With an expert wrangler leading the way, ride along a winding mountainous trail through desert shrub and inspiring rock formations. After watching the sun set over Las Vegas Valley, enjoy a campfire barbecue complete with grilled meats, corn on the cob and cowboy s’mores. Includes round-trip transfers from select Las Vegas hotels.
- Sunset horseback ride and barbecue in beautiful Red Rock Canyon
- Experienced and friendly cowboys and cowgirls escort you and provide riding tips
- Ride through a rugged desert landscape and see native wildlife
- Enjoy a western-style barbeque dinner by the campfire
- Roast marshmallows over the campfire to make fresh s'mores
- Enjoy live entertainment and cowboy poetry under the stars
- No riding experience necessary
- Includes round-trip transfers from Las Vegas hotels
Saved to wishlist!
90-minute horseback ride
BBQ Meal (steak, chicken or salmon)
Soft drinks and bottled water
Hotel pickup and drop-off from selected hotels
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note: pickup is only available from these hotels. If your hotel is not listed, you will be directed to the closest one for pickup.
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
|Tuesday - Sunday:||12:50 PM - 05:50 PM|
1/1/2022 - 12/31/2022
|Tuesday - Sunday:||12:50 PM - 05:50 PM|
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise at the time of booking your dinner preference in the special requirements field at check out
- Please be sure to include the body weight of each traveler
- Minimum age is 7 years
- All children 17 years and under must wear a safety helmet
- Children ages 16 to 17 years can have their parents sign a release permitting them to ride without the helmet
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please provide us your hotel information when you book so we can pick you up
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cowboy Trail Rides
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
Filter by:Accessibility Health & Safety Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options Start times/Opening hours
How do I arrange hotel pickup for the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:Pickup is available from many Las Vegas Strip hotels. When booking your tour, please select your hotel from the list. Be sure to call the phone number on your ticket at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm the exact pickup details.
What if my hotel is not listed for pickup?
A:Hotel pickup is only available from the hotels listed in the "Tour Details" section at checkout. Please select the closest hotel to your location. Once confirmed, call the phone number on your ticket to confirm your pickup details.
What time does the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque begin?
A:This ride starts about 2 hours before sunset and changes throughout the year. Hotel pickup is prior to this departure time. You must call to confirm your exact pickup time and location. Times are subject to change.
How long before departure is the average hotel pickup for the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:Depending on the hotel, pickups may be between 40 and 95 minutes prior to the tour start time. You must call to confirm your exact pickup time and location. Please be ready 15 - 20 minutes prior to pick-up time.
Can I bring my young child with me on the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:For safety reasons, all guests must be at least 7 years old. Guests ages 7 - 16 are required to wear a helmet. (Helmets are provided free of charge.)
What should I wear on the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:Please wear long pants and comfortable, loose-fitting clothes, closed-toe shoes, and, in the winter, layered clothing. (sweater or sweatshirt, jacket, and gloves). Hats (other than ball caps) should have a chin strap.
How far from the Strip is the departure location for the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:The Red Rock Camp is located approximately 30 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, in the heart of Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.
Is there a weight limit for the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:There is no specific weight limit, however, guests must be able to get on and off their horses with only minimal assistance from the wranglers. There is a loading platform available for those that need it.
Can pregnant women participate in the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:Due to the nature of this activity, it is not recommended for expectant mothers or anyone with back or other serious medical conditions.
How long are we on horseback during the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:The typical ride is 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Do we eat before or after horseback riding during the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:You will eat fireside at the campfire after your horseback adventure!
What is included in the BBQ dinner during the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:You will enjoy a thick steak, grilled to your liking and served with green salad, dutch oven potatoes, bakes beans, corn on the cob, and beverages, followed by an old-fashioned marshmallow roast and s'mores.
Do you offer alternative dietary options during the Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:Yes, Vegetarian, Chicken, and Salmon are also available, however, these must be requested in advance. Please notate any dietary requests in the "Special Requirements" box at checkout.
What is the policy on sanitization during Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It IS the desert, so temps can get chilly at night so dress appropriately!" See review
- "Bring your camera and have your phone charged so that you can take lots of pictures" See review
- "We rode in January so it was a bit chilly for our sunset ride, luckily I had a jacket and hat - dress accordingly!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Red Rock Canyon Sunset Horseback Ride and Barbeque
4 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 45 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Horseback RidingNature and WildlifeOutdoor ActivitiesLas VegasHorseback Riding - NevadaNature and Wildlife - NevadaHorseback Riding - Palm SpringsNature and Wildlife - Palm SpringsHorseback Riding - FlagstaffNature and Wildlife - FlagstaffCategory
New York - New York Hotel & CasinoShowroom at the D Las VegasTreasure Island Hotel & CasinoVenetian® Resort Las VegasV TheaterFountains of BellagioMadame Tussauds Las VegasAdventuredomeBryce Canyon National ParkLas Vegas Natural History MuseumPioneer SaloonBellagio Gallery of Fine ArtZion National ParkRick's RestorationsShark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay BayColorado RiverHard Rock Cafe Las VegasWelcome to Fabulous Las Vegas SignValley of Fire State ParkChapel of the Flowers