9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the battlefields of France on this 9-hour Canadian World War I Somme battlefield tour from Arras or Lille. Travel into the WWI battlefields of the Somme with your guide. Explore the tunnels from which Canadian troops attacked German lines in the Battle of Vimy. Walk through Canadian and German trenches as your guide details the struggles the soldiers faced. Sights you'll see include Courcelette Memorial to fallen Canadian soldiers, Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial Park, and Thriepval Memorial.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Hassle-free tour with hotel pickup included
- No need to bring snacks—lunch is included
- Learn fascinating insights about WWI from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
A booklet recording the event
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at your hotel in Lille or Arras or at their train stations.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Canadian WW1 Vimy & Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras or Lille?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Canadian WW1 Vimy & Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras or Lille?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Canadian WW1 Vimy & Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras or Lille?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Canadian WW1 Vimy & Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras or Lille?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Canadian WW1 Vimy & Somme Battlefield Tour from Arras or Lille
6 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLilleBus Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisHistorical Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisFull-day Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisBus Tours - BrugesHistorical Tours - BrugesFull-day Tours - BrugesBus Tours - BrusselsHistorical Tours - BrusselsFull-day Tours - BrusselsCategory
Museum of the Gunners in Lille (Musée des Canonniers Sédentaires de Lille)La Manufacture de RoubaixLille Natural History Museum (Musée d'Histoire Naturelle de Lille)Lille Métropole Museum of Modern, Contemporary and Outsider Art (LAM) Maison Folie Hospice d'HavréBondues Museum of the Resistance (Musée de la Résistance)La Piscine Museum (Musée d'Art et d’Industrie André Diligent)Le Fresnoy National Studio for Contemporary Arts (Le Fresnoy Studio National des Arts Contemporains)Villa CavroisAqualudScience Forum (Forum Departmental Des Sciences)