12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See where Australian soldiers served in France and Belgian Flanders in World War I on a full-day private tour from Lille. With a knowledgeable driver-guide and flexible itinerary customizable to your preferences, visit some of the pivotal locations where Australians fought and died. Visit Fromelles Memorial Park to remember the disastrous Australian losses here in 1916; explore the Plugstreet 14-18 Experience at Ploegsteert; and see Messines mine craters laid by the 1st Australian Tunneling Company in 1917. End with time at Tyne Cot and the Last Post Ceremony in Ypres.
- Private full-day France and Belgium WWI Australian battlefields tour from Lille, with an expert driver-guide and lunch
- Tour Fromelles Memorial Park, scene of the first Australian operation in the Great War
- See the famous ‘Cobbers’ statue and VC Corner Cemetery, site of mass Australian graves
- Explore the Plugstreet 14-18 Experience at Ploegsteert, Polygon Wood and more
- View the Australian-tunneled mine craters of Messines and Essex Farm Cemetery
- Pay your respects at Tyne Cot Cemetery and Ypres’ moving Last Post Ceremony
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary with personalized attention from a private driver-guide
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up also possible at train station Lille Europe at "Le Pub" hall 2.
- Lesquin Airport, Lille France
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Fromelles and Flanders from Lille?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Fromelles and Flanders from Lille?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Fromelles and Flanders from Lille?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Fromelles and Flanders from Lille?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Australian Battlefields Private Tour in Fromelles and Flanders from Lille
6 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLilleBus Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisHistorical Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisFull-day Tours - Nord-Pas de CalaisBus Tours - BrugesHistorical Tours - BrugesFull-day Tours - BrugesBus Tours - BrusselsHistorical Tours - BrusselsFull-day Tours - BrusselsCategory
Le Fresnoy National Studio for Contemporary Arts (Le Fresnoy Studio National des Arts Contemporains)Lille Métropole Museum of Modern, Contemporary and Outsider Art (LAM) Science Forum (Forum Departmental Des Sciences)La Piscine Museum (Musée d'Art et d’Industrie André Diligent)La Manufacture de RoubaixLille Natural History Museum (Musée d'Histoire Naturelle de Lille)Museum of the Gunners in Lille (Musée des Canonniers Sédentaires de Lille)Maison Folie Hospice d'HavréAqualudVilla CavroisBondues Museum of the Resistance (Musée de la Résistance)