- Liverpool River Explorer cruise and City Explorer hop-on hop-off bus tour
- View all Liverpool’s iconic waterfront and city sights in one day
- Cruise by Liverpool's waterside, including the Albert Dock and Liver Building
- Hear about Liverpool’s history from the onboard boat and bus commentary
- See top Liverpool attractions by open-top, double-decker bus, including the Cavern Club
- Hop on and off as you wish at the designated stops with your 24-hour pass
Departure & Return
Departure PointYou may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Return DetailsYou may disembark at any of the available stops.
What To Expect
Make your own way to Pier Head on the River Mersey, arriving at least 15 minutes prior to your chosen departure: the ferry departs regularly during the day.
Step aboard for your cruise, and sail along Liverpool’s waterfront, passing sights such as the Royal Liver Building and historical Albert Dock.
As you admire the sights, explore the boat’s information zones and listen to the illuminating commentary. Hear about Liverpool’s maritime and musical history, from tales of smuggling to stories of how The Beatles performed on the Mersey ferries ‘Riverboat Shuffles’ of the 1960s.
Break your journey at any of the three stops: Seacombe, Woodside and Wirral.
City Explorer Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour:
At Pier Head, board the City Explorer open-top, double-decker bus with your 24-hour pass. Buses run regularly and travel around sights such as the Walker Art Gallery and bombed-out St Luke’s Church, damaged in 1941. Hop off at any stops that interest you or stay aboard for a comprehensive overview of the city complemented by the onboard commentary. See the Itinerary for a list of stops.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A coffee shop & restrooms can be found onboard the ferry
- The ferry is accessible on the main deck for wheelchairs
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Arrive at least 25 minutes prior to redeem your voucher at Liverpool Pier Head Gerry Marsden terminal.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Your ticket is valid for any cruise on the day of your ticket. The River Cruise departs every hour on the hour from Liverpool.
- Most travelers can participate
- The hop on hop off bus tour part of the ticket is valid for 48 hours from redemption.
- OPERATED BY Mersey Ferries
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "This is a great way to get the flavour and tempo and pulse of Liverpool." See review