1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Swap the typical sightseeing tours for the chance to see London from a thrilling new perspective. Abseil down the U.K.'s largest sculpture, the ArcelorMittal Orbit in Stratford and experience some of the city's most spectacular views. The perfect adrenaline-fueled adventure for those who like a challenge.
- See London from a new perspective: From the heights of the ArcelorMittal Orbit
- Get spectacular views of the London skyline as you hang in free space
- Small-group experience (maximum five people): Ensures your guides' full attention
- The perfect adrenaline-fueled activity for thrill seekers
Saved to wishlist!
Free entry to the ArcelorMittal Orbit viewing platform
Cafe & toilets available on-site
Safety equipment & instruction
Transportation to / from the attraction
Go Pro footage can be added for a small cost on the day
Departure & Return
5 Thornton St, London E20 2AD, UK
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 14 years. Anyone under 18 years of age will require a supervising adult and Parental Consent.
- Minimum Height: 1.2 metres
- Maximum Weight for harness: 19 stones (120 kg)
- Maximum upper leg circumference for harness: 75 cm
- Maximum waist circumference for harness: 130 cm
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or legal or illegal substances that would make it unsafe for you to abseil or make you unable to understand the abseil safety instructions. You may be subject to a breathalyser test and refused entry with no offer of refund.
- You must wear the assigned safety gear at all times during the abseil and must not interfere with any safety equipment once it has been checked by your instructor.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- You must wear suitable clothing with no loose items and secure, closed toe shoes.
- No personal belongings will be allowed on to the abseil platform and must be left in the lockers provided. This includes but is not limited to wallets, phones, loose change and cameras.
- We do not permit the use of personal GoPros or cameras.
- Pregnant women will not be permitted.
- Essential medication can be taken up to the abseil platform and you must notify your instructor if you require any medication.
- Please be warned that the abseil is extremely wind sensitive and we may have to cancel abseiling in the event of high winds.
- All participants will have one chance to complete their descent. If you refuse for whatever reason on the day, you will not be issued a refund.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- OPERATED BY Wire and Sky
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The London Abseil?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during The London Abseil?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during The London Abseil?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The London Abseil?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
What is the maximum group size during The London Abseil?
This activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by The London Abseil.
See all safety measures taken by The London Abseil.
Product code: 57877P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
ClimbingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLondonClimbing - HorleyClimbing - Stansted MountfitchetClimbing - CambridgeCategory
National Maritime MuseumQueen's House East EndAbbey RoadVictoria and Albert MuseumKidZania LondonEmirates StadiumZSL London ZooChurchill War RoomsStamford BridgeLondon Natural History MuseumArcelorMittal OrbitCovent GardenSEA LIFE® London AquariumHolland ParkWembley Stadium Up at The O2Brick Lane Music HallHousehold Cavalry MuseumPlatform 9 3/4