Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Christmas Day lunch in Canterbury with stops in Dover and Rochester
- Enjoy Christmas services in the UNESCO-listed Canterbury Cathedral (if time allows)
- Indulge in a 2-course meal, including Christmas pudding
- See the famous White Cliffs of Dover
- Go on a walking tour of Rochester
Departure & Return
Five minutes walk from Victoria underground or mainline stations.
What To Expect
Make your main stop in the ancient city of Canterbury. Along with its Roman origins, this charming city is famed for the magnificent, UNESCO-listed Canterbury Cathedral, largely built in the 11th and 12th centuries, but with roots dating back to the sixth century.
As you approach the cathedral, hear stories about its history, such as the day in 1170 when four knights of King Henry II stormed inside the church and murdered Archbishop Thomas Becket. Following Becket’s death, the cathedral attracted thousands of medieval pilgrims, as told famously in Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales, written in the late 1300s.
On arrival, admire the views of this splendid Gothic church, and, depending on the cathedral’s Christmas Day schedule, take the opportunity to enjoy the celebratory services. Then, follow your guide to a local eatery for a traditional English Christmas lunch. After a welcome drink, savor a delicious 2-course meal of dishes such as juicy roast turkey and rich Christmas pudding. If you'd like, you can even use the time to open your own Christmas gifts.
Next, travel to Kent’s coast to see the famous White Cliffs of Dover. Gaze out over the chalk cliffs before traveling north to the historical Kent town of Rochester, known for its castle and its links to the great 19th-century English author Charles Dickens.
After a walking tour of the town’s pretty streets, return to central London where your trip concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 75 travelers
- OPERATED BY Premium Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms