9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit real-life ‘Downton Abbey’ filming locations on this black cab tour from London. Choose from three different itineraries, each of which is inspired by the popular TV drama, then sit back in your iconic transport and learn about Britain’s aristocracy and the fictional Crawley family as your personal driver-guide chauffeurs you from site to site. You might visit Greys Court, otherwise known as Downton Place; the Downton village of Bampton; or the stately Highclere Castle, which features as Downton Abbey itself.
- Full-day black cab tour of Downton Abbey with a private guide
- Listen to insider gossip about the beloved British period drama
- Visit the filming sites of Downton village, Downton Place or Highclere Castle
- Learn about present-day British aristocracy as you explore the sites
- Choose from three different Downton Abbey–inspired itineraries
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Exploring by classic London black cab offers a romantic way to travel—and lets you beat the crowds.
Saved to wishlist!
CASTLE ENTRY FEES
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
A Central London Hotel is one with a post code (or zip code) E1, EC1, EC2, EC3, EC4, N1, SE1, SW1, SW3, SW7, W1, W2, W8, WC1, WC2. Should your Hotel be outside of these areas, or in the suburbs or Airport locations, we would be happy to provide you with a separate quote.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Electric Taxi max 6 passengers
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Capital Taxi Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Downton Abbey with Castle Taxi Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Downton Abbey with Castle Taxi Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Downton Abbey with Castle Taxi Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Downton Abbey with Castle Taxi Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Downton Abbey with Castle Taxi Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursMovie ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLondonBus Tours - HorleyHistorical Tours - HorleyMovie Tours - HorleyFull-day Tours - HorleyBus Tours - Stansted MountfitchetHistorical Tours - Stansted MountfitchetMovie Tours - Stansted MountfitchetFull-day Tours - Stansted MountfitchetBus Tours - CambridgeHistorical Tours - CambridgeMovie Tours - CambridgeFull-day Tours - CambridgeCategory
Wembley Stadium Queen Elizabeth Olympic ParkBlackfriars BridgePaddington StationCambridge TheatreSt. James's ParkQueen's House All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC)Smithfield MarketLondon Luton Airport (LTN)Prince Edward TheatreHolland ParkThe London Bridge Experience and London TombsThe Postal MuseumHampstead HeathShakespeare's GlobeJermyn Street London Natural History MuseumSt. Martin's Theatre Platform 9 3/4