- Private Walking Tour of London’s Tate Britain and Tate Modern art galleries
- Tailor the tour to suit your artistic preferences
- Choice of morning and afternoon tours
- Includes boat trip along the River Thames between the two galleries
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Tour departs from the main entrance of Tate Britain. (Millbank entrance) Directions: The guide will be waiting with a sign displaying your name
Return point: Concludes at Tate Modern
What To Expect
The recently revamped gallery contains the national collection of British art from the 16th century, with works by Constable, Gainsborough, Whistler, Hogarth and more, including contemporary painters. It’s also home to the world’s largest collection by JMW Turner, Britain’s greatest 19th-century landscape painter.
Head inside and view the main highlights. Admire works by artists such as Hogarth, Rossetti, Hockney and Bacon, among others, and explore the Turner collection of 300 works the artist bequeathed to the nation, including masterpieces such as Norham Castle, Sunrise and Rome, from the Vatican.
Afterward, take a boat trip along the Thames River. Soak up views of London landmarks such as St Paul’s Cathedral and the Millennium Bridge, and alight on the South Bank at Tate Modern, converted from the Bankside Power Station in the 1990s.
Ogle the spectacular Turbine Hall and other spaces of this once-industrial building, and take in seminal pieces by greats such as Warhol, Picasso, Cezanne and Rothko as your guide explains their meanings and backstories.
At both galleries, your guide can customize your tour to suit your personal interests, and will share their expert perspective on what you see. List any personal interests you have (such as particular artists, periods or styles) when you book so your guide can prepare for your tour.
After your tour, say goodbye to your guide at the Tate Modern and either continue to explore the gallery independently or leave and continue your day in London.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ARTSTUR Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff