10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the fascinating history of the Shan Kingdom on a full-day tour from Mandalay to Marapura, Inwa, and Sagaing. You’ll see the monks’ college at Mahagandayon Monastery, cross the U Bein Teak Bridge, take a boat trip through the former royal capital at Inwa, ride a horse cart through Sagaing’s atmospheric ruins, and more. This 10-hour tour from Mandalay includes pickup and drop-off at your hotel, all entrance fees, and lunch at a local restaurant.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Saved to wishlist!
A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
All applicable taxes and service charges
Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Mandalay hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Mandalay.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Sagaing, Amarapura, Monywa, Pyin Oo Lwin, river cruise ports and Mandalay’s International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- During this tour, we will enter religious sites where a dress code may be applicable. Please dress respectfully by wearing clothing that cover the knees and shoulders, avoid wearing clothing with obscene prints or pictures. Failure to comply may result in denying access into these sites.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full Day Amarapura, Ava and Sagaing?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Full Day Amarapura, Ava and Sagaing?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full Day Amarapura, Ava and Sagaing?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full Day Amarapura, Ava and Sagaing?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Full Day Amarapura, Ava and Sagaing
8 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Horseback RidingBus ToursNature and WildlifeArchitecture ToursWater ToursArt ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMandalayHorseback Riding - Chiang RaiBus Tours - Chiang RaiNature and Wildlife - Chiang RaiArchitecture Tours - Chiang RaiWater Tours - Chiang RaiArt Tours - Chiang RaiFull-day Tours - Chiang RaiHorseback Riding - Chiang MaiBus Tours - Chiang MaiNature and Wildlife - Chiang MaiArchitecture Tours - Chiang MaiWater Tours - Chiang MaiArt Tours - Chiang MaiFull-day Tours - Chiang MaiHorseback Riding - YangonBus Tours - YangonNature and Wildlife - YangonArchitecture Tours - YangonWater Tours - YangonArt Tours - YangonFull-day Tours - YangonCategory