4 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Saved to wishlist!
Certified English speaking guide and assistant
Lunch, fruits and drinking water
Permit to enter the national park/camera tax (150.000 IDR / person / payable before trekking start)
Accommodation in Bukit Lawang (the night before trekking start & after back from jungle trekking)
Transportation from/to Medan (hotel/airport - 4 hours), bookable directly at your accommodation
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
1. There will be a MEETING WITH YOUR GUIDE TEAM giving you an introduction to your trek ONE DAY BEFORE TREKKING START BETWEEN 15 PM TO 19 PM at our EcoTravel Office & Cottages. Please come to our office, here the address: Sumatra EcoTravel Bukit Lawang - Tours & Treks, Jalan Besar Jl. Orangutan, Bukit Lawang, Kec. Bohorok, Kabupaten Langkat, Sumatera Utara 20774, Indonesia.
2. Our team will pick you up the next morning, on the day of your booking, from your chosen accommodation in Bukit Lawang around our EcoTravel Office at 10:00 am.
3. Your trek is a group tour for a maximum of 6 EcoTravel guests and starts from our EcoTravel Cottages/office in Bukit Lawang at 11:00 am.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not suitable for small children younger than 4 years and travelers with high blood pressure, pregnancy, operations or fear of special insects.
- A health check with your doctor is an absolute necessity before travelling to the Sumatran jungle and lies within the responsibility of each guest! Travel Insurance lies within the responsibility of each traveller and should cover accidents and injury!
- We are happy to provide vegetarian, vegan or non-allergic meals on jungle treks, if required. Please just inform our team a the latest 1 day before trekking start about your preferred diet.
- Comfortable walking shoes or good sports shoes, small 15 - 20 liter backpack, long trousers & T-shirt in natural colors, long socks, insect repellent, sun cream.
- In Bukit Lawang there are no ATM machines! Please make sure you have enough cash with you! As an exclusive service to our guests we also change Euros and offer credit card payment (Mastercard and Visa / 3% charge) in our EcoTravel office.
- There is a MEETING WITH YOUR GUIDE TEAM ONE DAY BEFORE TOUR START at our EcoTravel Tour Office between 15:00 pm – 19:00 pm, where you will be given essential information and an introduction to your jungle trek starting the next morning. Please make sure to be in Bukit Lawang in time! Please just remember that from Medan Airport the transfer to the jungle takes about 4.5 hrs, so the later you arrive the later you will get to Bukit Lawang. We recommend that you choose your accommodation near our EcoTravel Cottages/Office for this night. Your EcoTravel jungle trek starts from our base in Bukit Lawang at 11:00 am. You will explore the jungle in a small group of up to 8 persons. Your tour is limited in size and number due to environmental issues.
- IMORTANT INFORMATION: At most times you will see orangutans on jungle treks but there is no guarantee! These animals live out in the wild and it’s hard to determine where they will be at any point of the day. But all EcoTravel guides have many years of experience and our team has a very good reputation in Bukit Lawang. We do not hire additional, external guides due safety reasons for our guests. Our handful of well-versed and enthuisiastic EcoTravel guides are locals from this region, speak English, have excellent knowledge of plants and animals - and are all certified by the local ITGA-HPI (Indonesia Tourist Guides Association – Himpunan Pramuwisata Indonesia).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY EcoTravel Bukit Lawang
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during FAMILY JUNGLE TOUR: Orangutan Trek (4-hours hike) by EcoTravel Bukit Lawang?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during FAMILY JUNGLE TOUR: Orangutan Trek (4-hours hike) by EcoTravel Bukit Lawang?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during FAMILY JUNGLE TOUR: Orangutan Trek (4-hours hike) by EcoTravel Bukit Lawang?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
FAMILY JUNGLE TOUR: Orangutan Trek (4-hours hike) by EcoTravel Bukit Lawang
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingNature and WildlifeWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingMedanHiking - SumatraNature and Wildlife - SumatraWalking Tours - SumatraHiking - PenangNature and Wildlife - PenangWalking Tours - PenangHiking - Petaling JayaNature and Wildlife - Petaling JayaWalking Tours - Petaling JayaCategory