- King Ludwig II's Royal Castles day trip from Munich
- Admire lush Bavaria on route to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof, both built by Germany’s 'mad' King Ludwig II
- Tour (own expense unless upgrade option selected) the inside of the lavish Linderhof or visit the Moorish Pavilion in the grounds
- Ogle the hilltop Neuschwanstein, the model for Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle
- Enjoy free time to tour Neuschwanstein’s interior (own expense unless upgrade option selected) and explore its grounds and Hohenschwangau village
- Learn about the ‘mad’ Ludwig and his desire to create his own fantasy castles
- Enjoy a shopping stop in postcard-pretty Oberammergau, famous for its Passion Play
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of Karlsplatz 21/Sonnenst. Take exit "G" or "F" from the basement. Please be at the departure point 20 minutes prior departure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please do not pre-purchase entry tickets to the Royal Castle Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Please pay these fees to your guide so that group entry can be purchased
- Please note this tour does not allow time to see the Venus Grotto.
- The coach has a toilet on board
- The stop in Oberammergau might not be available during the Passion Play Season 2022.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- You are responsible for coming on time to the meeting points
- A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach the castles and inside the castle approx. 350 steps
- People with disabilities may reserve the elevator in the castle Neuschwanstein. Please contact us in advance
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 78 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Sightseeing Munich
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It's about a 30 minute walk up hill to get to the entrance of the castle so wear your hiking shoes!" See review
- "Make sure you have comfortable walking shoes as there is a lot of walking even if you do take the bus up the mountain!" See review
- "Have lunch first because you won't be able to later." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews