Explore our promoted experiences
- Entry ticket to the Castle Keep and Black Gate gatehouse of Newcastle Castle
- Book admission in advance to save time and inconvenience on vacation
- Explore the passages and halls of the two medieval buildings independently
- Learn tales of castle’s kings, prisoners, and armies from the exhibits
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The Castle consists of two buildings: the Castle Keep and Black Gate. While the Black Gate is fully accessible, the Castle Keep has many steep stairs and uneven surfaces.
- Dogs, with the exception of guide dogs, are not permitted entry. Buggies can be parked in the reception of the Castle Keep.
- The Castle Keep is a Scheduled Ancient Monument with several upper storeys which are not accessible to disabled visitors. However, there is an audio-video walk-through of the Castle Keep in the Gaol, the only fully accessible room in the Castle Keep. The Black Gate, however, has been fitted with ramps and an external lift. This allows access to the upper-levels of the building, including the shop. The building also has an adapted accessible toilet on its first floor.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Steep uneven stairs that you should be aware of.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Newcastle Castle
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Along with the Newcastle tunnel, this is a must see" See review